5.3 swap into 92 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so im going to be putting a 5.3 into my 92 2500 with 4l80. Now the truck currently has a 98 vortec motor and trans into it. Im not worried too much about the gauges because most dont work right now, and transmission is already made to stand alone. Now I know i will need a new flex plate and motor mounts. What else do i really need to get it in the truck and running.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
What all do you have so far? You will need motor mounts from dirty dingo and a AC bracket. the stock one from the 5.3 will hit the frame. computer and wiring harness. Electric fans? flex-a-light 280. this will get you started.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
also if your using a oem computer you need the VATS disabled. personally I would put a 6.0L in a 2500.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO a 5.3 is would be good in a 2500. A small cam and it makes more power than the 5.7. However a 6.0 would be ideal.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother has an 07 with the 6.0 it is a beast. He works it towing trailers daily 9 months a year and plowing in the winter. It does have an appetite. I have used the truck a few times and you don't feel any difference pulling a load or empty. It doesn't need much throttle to work,lots of reserve power.