5.3 or 6.0 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
since my 350 took a **** im looking at engine options. found a complete 5.3 for $800 with harness and all engine accesories. still looking for a 6.0 but not having any luck. what all is involved in a 5.3 or 6.0 swap? what all do i need to get with the engine and about how much money should i expect to spend? thanks!

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im glad you asked this becasue im looking at this too. From what ive read the 5.3 fits great with a little motor mount adjusting you may have to change stall converters to gett the need found power from the LS based engine but it everything else works fine. Heres a guy on you tube who did this as well looks good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw9y1eAuc50

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need little money man look at my thread i made got a 5.3 sitting in with the tranny i went with a new built tranny most expensive but well worth it in the long run and just waiting on some goodies that i ordered so i could finish it just depends on what you want your setup to be if you want it stock with a stock tranny or you want it to have bolt-ons and if you want to do wiring right or cut and do it the cheaper way its all up to you