4x6 rear speaker options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I was thinking about getting some 4x6's for my truck but not sure what brand to get I'm looking for something with a good price yet sound good. I'm leaning toward rockford, alpine, or memphis?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a 4x6" that sounds good, IMO. Personally, I would just turn off the rear speakers and use that money you saved towards components and an amp for the front.

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't want to do any cutting into my truck or major mods I just want to replace my factory speakers. I was thinging about using a 4x6 to 6.5 speaker adapter plate, so if anyone knows a place I can find some? please share the link or site

fletch

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a 4x6" that sounds good, IMO. Personally, I would just turn off the rear speakers and use that money you saved towards components and an amp for the front.

I back this statement ^^^ If you're worried about replacing rear 4x6s then you may have never heard a quality set of components. They are life changing.

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I back this statement ^^^ If you're worried about replacing rear 4x6s then you may have never heard a quality set of components. They are life changing.

Believe me I have heard quality components and intend on getting a nice set for the front, I was just saying why not have all around sound and replace my 4x6's it couldnt hurt you know, but I have come up with a decision and thanks for your input.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did it fit in th 4x6 hole or did u move it or do some modification?

the magnet fit in the hole but was to deep and the holes didnt line up, so i made some spacers out of plywood, painted it and installed them with self-tapping metal screws.