4x4 wont lock in :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry guys, i know i'm a newb, but i've had the same issue and the posi-lok solved the issue. I had tried several TLA's and nothing worked so i just bit the bullet and got one. worked like a charm. as far as tire sizes, i run 33x12.5x15 with no lift. I have a 4in sus lift i'm planning to put on. but i'm replacing my gears to 3.73 and putting a diff lock in the back.... just wanna knock it all out at once. I'll post pics soon.... I hope.

Sjconner

Reaction score
Hey guys, new question.. if im in a hole or somethibg and im trying to spin in 2wd. It' will spin down a little then the drivers side tire will stop spinning and will make like a scraping sound.. but the other tire keeps spinning.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a G80 rear axle? If you don't know look in your glovebox for the RPO code G80.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just take the cover off and look.

Little off the current topic but did your 4x4 get fixed???

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just curious, how can changing the actuator in the front diff give you a low range(2wd lo) in the transfer case?

What It does is makes the front actuator manual insted of automatic. So if you want 4 hi you switch t-case to 4-hi then manually lock the front end in with the new actuator.

If ya want 2 lo you switch from 2 hi to where 4 lo "technically" is but dont lock the front end in.