4WD Not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know which fuse it is that controls the actuator? I'm not sure which one it is and i was hoping to get the fuse tomorrow or wednesday if possible.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See your from avinger I'm outta Diana!! We aren't far from each other at all ! My 4x4 is doing same thing gonna just buy posi lock when I get home from ohio currently outta town working. Gonna buy posi lok n new t case Switch. Do the front axle lights come on in the front of the shifter?!

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See your from avinger I'm outta Diana!! We aren't far from each other at all ! My 4x4 is doing same thing gonna just buy posi lock when I get home from ohio currently outta town working. Gonna buy posi lok n new t case Switch. Do the front axle lights come on in the front of the shifter?!

Oh awesome! Yeah diana is only about 20 minutes from me! Its nice to know i have members close-by. But no, the front axle light on the shifter isn't coming on.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ehh don't say that my light one come on and fuse is good & hell yeah! East Texas chevy owners gotta stick together ;)

Rich Suhanov

Reaction score
I know this is an older post but for what it's worth here's what I ran into. I did a trans swap on my 1994 Sierra. After that 4wd did not work. I checked for voltage at the harness for the switch on top of the t-case. Voltage was there. Plugged the harness back in, pulled the lever for 4wd and checked for voltage at the harness on the front diff actuator. No voltage. So I bought a new switch. When I removed the old switch I saw one of the 3 pins on the plug on the switch was bent all the way down. I straightened the pin, put the switch back in and 4wd worked. I must have bent the pin when I plugged it back in after the trans swap. o_O