4WD front Axle Actuator eliminator Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just received my LMC catalog and noticed the harness upgrade for the Thermal actuator and a elimination kit for the actuator, does anyone have this kit and how does it work.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, this looks like a plain bolt that goes in the actuator hole, and it says "with the actuator eliminator installed the front driveline will turn anytime your front wheels are in motion. the 4WD operating mode is still engaged and disengaged at the transfer case." So is this like fulltime 4wd or what is the point.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not really, power isn't going to be sent to the wheels, but the wheels are gonna turn everything inside the diff. costing you gas mileage due to more drag and crap.

I've heard of ppl doing this but never seen or done it myself.

it would make sure that when you pull the shifter it's in 4x4 though, like the posi lock does.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Seems to me that would just cause more wear and tear on your parts, and like Swims said cost you gas mileage also.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
after looking at it are they stupid?????????

$180 or so for a bolt??????????? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did that to mine when the actuator was broke. just stuck a socket in there. no real difference in milage... i have 35s haha and i loved the instant 4wd though now i gotta wait still but its not locked all the time like ti was

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I understood it the actuator only unlocks one tire anyway so your still turning the whole front diff with the other tire when its disengaged....

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
The way I understood it the actuator only unlocks one tire anyway so your still turning the whole front diff with the other tire when its disengaged....

the driverside just spins the spider gears when the pass side axle is unlocked, there may be some parasitic drag that will turn the whole diff but it is really minimal and will not effect mileage

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
i've run the posi lock AND i've run a perma lock.... i like the posi loc. a perma lock, just cut a piece of pipe about 1" and stick it in there infront of the thermal it'll do the same thing.