4l60e vette servo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys check this out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
If you use transmission grease and grease the inside if the housing, the servo and all the orings it normally pops in without to much trouble. I fought this to before finding the answer on utube. Worked great for me.

Andy1955

Reaction score
i just pulled mine out to replace with vette servo, found that the return spring was missing, probably explaines the abundance of black muck in the bottom of the pan :(

Mhenry1282

Reaction score
I just did mine, and found I needed a third hand to hold the servo in when installing the last snap ring. Tossed a cargo strap around the trans, being careluf to avoid the electrical harness and speedo cable, then stuck a deep well socket in the cup on the servo housing. Snuggled it down and the snap ring went in fairly easily

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, check the measurement on the servo. Some 4L60-E's come with the corvette servo from the factory. Sonnax lists the sizes.

http://www.sonnax.com/articles/132-...itional-Second-Gear-Servo-Size-for-the-4L60-E

The ATSG service manual lists the servo's by size and trans codes they are installed in. Check your servo measurement before laying out money for the corvette one, you may already have it.
Both my 94 rcsb 4x4's have the corvette servos factory original equipped

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just did mine, and found I needed a third hand to hold the servo in when installing the last snap ring. Tossed a cargo strap around the trans, being careluf to avoid the electrical harness and speedo cable, then stuck a deep well socket in the cup on the servo housing. Snuggled it down and the snap ring went in fairly easily

I used as prybar against the tunnel.

Mhenry1282

Reaction score
I couldn't get situated right to hold the prybar and work the snap. 4/6 drop, and I didn't jack the truck up much to get under it.