4l60e to 4l80e conversion article from Four Wheeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct. I now plan on getting the right driveshafts from an obs ecsb 2500 with the correct shafts obviously. this will work correct?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
youd have to measure them and see, otherwise build new driveshafts, using junkyard shafts isnt always the best idea they could have severe runout and you wouldnt know unless you had the ability to check

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
youd have to measure them and see, otherwise build new driveshafts, using junkyard shafts isnt always the best idea they could have severe runout and you wouldnt know unless you had the ability to check

Ya, never ever trust a driveshaft from a junkyard. The trucks are picked up with the front end loader using the forks and this almost always ends up making contact with the driveshaft causing damage to it. Some are noticeable and some are now

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i actually got correct driveshaft today from a local truck being parted out.. its from a 1994 extended cab short bed k1500 6.5/4l80e truck.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i still wouldnt have recomended any used driveshaft, im not the toot your own horn but i worked in driveline, stock stuff is garbage, runout here and there, oblonged tubes, 1 piece driveshafts for our trucks are cheap, i built mine at cost and it costed me around 60 bucks for spicer u joints, new yolks and reused my slip yolk after detailed inspection, balanced straighten and welded it myself, for anyone else it wouldve been a 120-150 driveshaft if its long.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could use a one piece on my ECSB 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Really great collection amazing information about car and good discussion. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in this swap dont let there price tag scare you. It can be done ALOT cheaper and you do NOT need to buy alot of that parts that they did. In fact you do NOT even need to buy the jumper harness you can EASILLY Modify your factory harness to plug directly to the 80E. I have my Own write up on this swap if anyone is interested I will bring it over here.

I am thinking about it seriously. I have a 1995 that was a 4l60e.

Helomedic1171

Reaction score
I have a 5.3 and 4L80E I'm swapping into a 98 K1500 ECSB - anyone know if I can keep my stock drive shafts by moving the engine forward? of so, by how much? or which mounts did you use (besides the Dingo mounts)