4l60e swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livinginh

Reaction score
Pretty simple question, will the 4l60e from a 98 small blazer with the removable bell housing swap into a 97 suburban without the removable bell housing?
I know I'll have 1 less clutch pack but that I'm not worried about, I'm not doing any towing with it. Just want to know if it's a direct swap.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you'll need the right bell housing and converter I think it's a t50 or t55 to get the bolts out. and good luck without air tools

livinginh

Reaction score
you'll need the right bell housing and converter I think it's a t50 or t55 to get the bolts out. and good luck without air tools

What's different with the bell housing and converter? 4.3 uses the same bolt pattern as the v8. Please explain a little better so I'm not hanging on a half way answer.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
s10 or s10 blazer use a different bell housing and converter if I remember right. and the bell housing is a one year only I believe. I haven't worked at a transmission shop in almost 2 years so I'm a little rusty

livinginh

Reaction score
s10 or s10 blazer use a different bell housing and converter if I remember right. and the bell housing is a one year only I believe. I haven't worked at a transmission shop in almost 2 years so I'm a little rusty

Ok come on guys every time I think I have a good trans something comes up different.
What would be different in the bell housing? Only thing I thought might be different would be the converter.
I just need to know if I can make it work, if not then I'm not going to waste the money on it.

Dave11

Reaction score
Ok come on guys every time I think I have a good trans something comes up different.
What would be different in the bell housing? Only thing I thought might be different would be the converter.
I just need to know if I can make it work, if not then I'm not going to waste the money on it.
Same bell housing from 4.3 to v8 sbc, different on ls

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't forget to re-set the Transmission Adaptive Pressure system (TAP), so it can re-learn the new beast it is hooked to.