4in Rough Country lift install trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stefan Wutte

Reaction score
So I'm in the stages of bolting everything back onto the truck and I've run into a problem. My floor jacks are currently holding up the truck but they're in the way of the new front cross member im supposed to bolt up to where the lower control arms used to go. Where's the next best place to jack my truck up so they won't be in the way the rest of the install? I was thinking on the frame right behind the motor but I'm afraid that would be too far back and the front end might come not be super stable?

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You'll be fine to do it that way. The whole point of the frame is to support the weight of the vehicle.

rob_z71

Reaction score
I had mine supported where you're thinking when I did it. You'll be fine there

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I normally jack up my truck by using the area of the frame right where the front body mount is. It's where the front frame clip is welding to the c channel, it's twice as thick there as anywhere else on the truck, it's also closer to the ground there so it's easier to utilize as a lift point, and it will be completely out of the way of the whole front, making it easier to work. :)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any of you fine folk run 285s with the 4"? I feel like my crank doesn't give enough front wheel gap.

TX90

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I just put on the 6 inch RCX and used this jack stand arrangement, seemed to work out well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been for years too. Lack of gap recently bothers me. That and the alignment being out has the right front wheel too far forward and rubbing a little on the air dam.