454SSguy buid thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To anybody that's been watching this thread, hopefully I'll have some video soon of the new motor running. Still working out the tune, should be another few days or so.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while since this thread was bumped. There will be some new stuff coming soon. Ole' Betty is still kickin.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats up guys, been away for a while...building a house, having kids (4), building a business here in Okc.

Short version is I had a long build thread here and gmt400, loved the truck (still do). Summer of 2015 I was driving out of the city to meet a heavy equipment operator who was starting the earth work for my house. On the way there the truck started to knock, by the time I got it there (about another mile) it was pretty bad. I pulled it into a barn I had built on our undeveloped land and parked it. Took it as a sign from above that I needed to put the truck on the back burner while building my house (I literally built it, not hired it out). And she sat, and sat, and sat.

Long story short I finished the house around Sept of 2016 and hadn't touched the truck. Well a couple weeks ago I had a rough day at work and decided that if I could drive my truck it would make me feel better, so I rolled it into the shop and started wrenching on it again.

Old setup some of you may remember was
Forged 489
T56 trans
4 link on coilovers
lots of other stuff.

Got the motor pulled last week and got the block to the machine shop. Nothing is hurt to bad but will be going with different pistons and cam setup.

New setup will be
496 forged around 12.5:1
Running on E85 with some N20
Much bigger HR cam
Large Oval port heads from pro comp
hoping to make 650-750 on motor and spray another 250 or so.

As she sits a few days ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess it's time to resurrect this thread again. Truck is still kickin, got new wheels and tires, some updates to the suspension and the motor is freshened up. Will be attending an SCCA event in a few weeks. I'll have some videos. Also have some cool stuff planned for the winter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk