454SSguy buid thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp, my efforts in sending tons of emails to company's on my parts list weren't for nothing. I've got a Definite No on sponsorship from Royal Purple. There deadlines for sponsorships are the sept prior to the start of the year. I did hear from "Bed Rug". So I will be getting a promotional price in exchange for a full review and display of their product. :) I've heard back from a couple of people that they will be forwarding my email to the correct people, so at least my emails are getting to the right places.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, nothing cosmic to report. I did get my rotors for the fronts, they are drilled and slotted to match the rears, so it will be drillled and slotted rotors on all for corners with EBC Yellow pads on all for corners. Just need to do a new set of brake lines up front but that can wait. Umm, still got quite a few things left to buy so if anybody knows where to buy anything let me know. You can post in my discussion thread or PM me if you know of stuff for sale. This is what I still need.

Spring Spacer
Front Coil overs (70-81 F-body)
Coil overs (See first post)
Diff (eaton for a 9.5" SF)
Diff Cover
Wheels 17x8 Cragar 397 5x5 BS
Seals Head gaskets and cam swap gaskets
Return Lines -6an lines
Fittings -6an fittings
Trip/Front Tires 235/55R17 Toyo Proxes II's
Big Rear Tires 345/45R17 Toyo DR's
Ebrake Spacer
Paint Someone to touch up some stuff and paint grill, mirrors, ect.
Bed Cover Fiberglass cover or really nice soft cover
Bed Rug Sponsored
Stripe Someone to make me a custom strip for the truck, satin black
Grill 94+ grill swap stuff
Tint need mine stripped and go to 15%
Pads EBC yellows for fronts, got rears
Muffler Borla or Magnaflow, something quite and absolutely NO DRONE
X-pipe Magnaflow x pipe muffler preferably
Fire & Ice Looking for new or almost new in good condition

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I thought I'd post up since I got some things ordered, no pictures obviously but if anyone is curious on any of these parts, shoot me a PM or post in my discussion thread.

Last couple weeks ago I got in...
Drilled and slotted rotors for Front and Rear
EBC brake pads for Rear
My gauges and Gauge pod - Tach, Elec Fuel Pressure, Boost Gauge (glow shift)
MSD Billet Distributor
Fuel cell - 20 Gallon with sending unit and sump $145 ( I sniped it on ebay :) )
Overhead console - B/c I will lose some console space with the T-56 swap
My Edelbrock TBI Intake - will port match
Some braided lines - good deal on em
My rear coilovers - Strange Single Adjustable 6" travel ride height of 14" or so
Springs for rear - 12 x 225 may be on the light side, we'll have to see

And I ordered some stuff a couple days ago, the wife had a fit when she saw the bank account :D
New diff - Eaton Trutrac (thought about a locker but don't want the noise or trouble at Autocross track)
My wheels, All 6- (4) 17x8 for front's and rears on trips (2) 17x9 sent to be widened to 17x11.5
Gears - 4.10:1's for the T-56 swap so get more use out of 6th.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool update!

Atleast it's something with pics, lol. Got all of my rear 4 link brackets cut by Jolly Green. Looks like he did a great job and even wracked his brain to fab up some stronger coilover mounts than I had originally. If anybody needs some CNC work done PM Jolly Green. If it's for a street/track setup and you're not sure how you'd like to set it up PM me and I'll help you out all I can.

Cool new lower shock mounts
You must be registered for see images attach

Pics of the brackets the links will bolt into. (2 front brackets not pictured)

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some pictures of my corners that Dev just finished up. Gonna be stayin with the 88-93 grill for now. I may switch to the newer style eventually though. Anyway, heres some pics of the corners. They look smooth as butter, but Dev says they'll be even better since these haven't been buffed yet.

With flash (can see the amber in them)
You must be registered for see images

No flash

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, bit the bullet today. Picked up the last big piece. Got a used level II T-56 from a guy that works at Tick Perofmance. It's used, but very low mileage, all internals cyro'd and bronze shift forks, the whole 9 yards. Good to 600lbTQ at the rear wheels. Got a killer deal on it, couldn't pass it up. It may beat me to the house or it may not. I get home in 9 days and the guy still has to pull the trans out of the car soo we will see.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got another update today. My buddy Billy got my wheels all finished up and shipped out today. They started life as a pair of 17x9.5's and are now 17x11.5's with all the BS moved to the inside so they should tuck nicely... with a big ole pair of 345/40's on the back that is :)

Pics

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man the updates just don't stop today. Dev got my corners finished up, they are all buffed up and ready to go. I didn't think they could get better than the first pic. These things are gonna make the rest of my paint look bad, lol. Gonna need to do some paint correction I guess.

Finished corners

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's an update, no parts in this pictures. Just my bags, packed, ready for tomorrow morning. By this time tomorrow I should be in my own bed back in Okc.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright some updates.

Well started working on the cam swap.

Got all my parts laid out.

Will be going to a Hydraulic Roller setup, which means we needed different lifters, pushrods, rockers. And a cam button. But comp sent me the wrong one, so waiting on that now.