411 swap, truck wont rev

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigsboo

Reaction score
I replaced the following
411 swap
Mpfi injectors
Throttle body mod
Gutted cats
New fuel pump and screen
New fuel filter
My issue is my truck wont rev past 2000-2500 rpms then when it gets to that it bogs down extremely low where it almost dies then idles back up...what could it be?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Was the computer tuned for the manual transmission?
I need to reread the 411 thread, as I could be completely incorrect, but it seems if the truck is revving up to 2000-2500 it almost sounds like it'd be trying to reach shift points for the automatic trans?

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'm thinking @BowtieBrody is right. The base 411 tune everyone uses is from a 2002 Express Van with the 350 and those of course all had automatics so you have to have a custom tune. I'd go talk to whoever did your tuning.

rigsboo

Reaction score
I ordered online from tracktime motorsports...hopefully they can help me out...but that has got to be what it is...almost garunteed cause he couldnt use the efi live file because he uses a different program...said he used a automatic transmission but altered it and he said he think itd work out for me...just emailed him..thanks guys

rigsboo

Reaction score
oh i ment to ask...i have a black bear autocal i bought used...im gonna buy a unlock for it soon...if i buy the unlock i can use lextechs base tune for a 5 speed, put it on the autocal, and put in on the 411 and it should be ok...right?

rigsboo

Reaction score
Black bear uses efi live...i saved lextechs 5 speed file, sent them the file, bought a unlock, put the tune on the truck and still does the same thing