4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You guys dont get the entire picture here-I run projector style housings with a flat horizon cut-off line which doesnt affect traffic in other lanes. And yep-I’ll be “that guy” who doesnt nail a deer in the road! Just dont look at peoples damn headlights lol-its the same reason I dont stare at the sun-it’s bright!
what's with this common sense thing? :rofl:

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plug for gmachinz. I got my fog light harness in the mail from him last week and it came fast and it is great quality. He even through in the switch (I now have 3 of them, don't ask unless you want to buy one).

Zshipes

Reaction score
Definitely going to wire this up the next time I get off work but I've got a question since I'm no wiring expert could I also connect my led pods/fog lights to come on with the dims

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely going to wire this up the next time I get off work but I've got a question since I'm no wiring expert could I also connect my led pods/fog lights to come on with the dims
Yes. IMO I would use 1 extra relay to do this, and use the dim lights as your trigger wire. Another thing you may want to do is add another relay just for your dim lights. This makes you dim lights a lot brighter. It is a night and day difference, unless you are already using LESs for your dims. In that case, it is not necessary. When I did my 4 high mod, and saw how much brighter my lights were on high, I cut the dim supply wire, and used it to switch on a relay for the dims. When you use a bigger wire to supply power to your headlights, it is a huge improvement.

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done the 4high mod a while ago, but how exactly do you do the extra relay for the low beams?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've done the 4high mod a while ago, but how exactly do you do the extra relay for the low beams?
Cut the supply wire coming from the cab, for the low beams and use this to switch on the relay. From the battery, to the new relay, and out to the low beam wires going to the headlights. My relays are rite next to my battery. I used #12 AWG wire to supply the headlights. With the supply being a lot bigger wire, this makes a huge improvement in how bright your lights are.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could I also connect my led pods/fog lights to come on with the dims
Fog light should be used O-N-L-Y when it's foggy. THAT is their purpose. You--and all the rest of the fog-lights-on-all-the-time crowd DO NOT need four ****** headlights in-town with oncoming traffic.

The fog lights aren't wired like that from the manufacturer because it's illegal--at least in some states--and inconsiderate everywhere.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fog light should be used O-N-L-Y when it's foggy. THAT is their purpose. You--and all the rest of the fog-lights-on-all-the-time crowd DO NOT need four ****** headlights in-town with oncoming traffic.

The fog lights aren't wired like that from the manufacturer because it's illegal--at least in some states--and inconsiderate everywhere.

I agree.. I always just ran regular low beams and wired every light to come on with the highbeams.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score

Haha tell 'em Schurk...