4 Hi Headlight Mod

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by Ginger, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Old77

Old77 I'm Awesome

what's with this common sense thing? :rofl:

Ethan Burdette likes this.
  2. toomanyhobbies

toomanyhobbies Newbie

Plug for gmachinz. I got my fog light harness in the mail from him last week and it came fast and it is great quality. He even through in the switch (I now have 3 of them, don't ask unless you want to buy one).

RMFSK1500 likes this.
  3. RMFSK1500

RMFSK1500 Newbie

That's good news I ordered one last week, hoping to hear from gmachinz about it soon.

4. Zshipes

Zshipes Newbie

Definitely going to wire this up the next time I get off work but I've got a question since I'm no wiring expert could I also connect my led pods/fog lights to come on with the dims

5. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6-G) certified

Yes. IMO I would use 1 extra relay to do this, and use the dim lights as your trigger wire. Another thing you may want to do is add another relay just for your dim lights. This makes you dim lights a lot brighter. It is a night and day difference, unless you are already using LESs for your dims. In that case, it is not necessary. When I did my 4 high mod, and saw how much brighter my lights were on high, I cut the dim supply wire, and used it to switch on a relay for the dims. When you use a bigger wire to supply power to your headlights, it is a huge improvement.

98chevy2500SS and Zshipes like this.
  6. Stokes1114

Stokes1114 OBS Enthusiast

I've done the 4high mod a while ago, but how exactly do you do the extra relay for the low beams?

7. kennythewelder

kennythewelder B31-3 (6-G) certified

Cut the supply wire coming from the cab, for the low beams and use this to switch on the relay. From the battery, to the new relay, and out to the low beam wires going to the headlights. My relays are rite next to my battery. I used #12 AWG wire to supply the headlights. With the supply being a lot bigger wire, this makes a huge improvement in how bright your lights are.

8. Schurkey

Schurkey Newbie

Fog light should be used O-N-L-Y when it's foggy. THAT is their purpose. You--and all the rest of the fog-lights-on-all-the-time crowd DO NOT need four goddam headlights in-town with oncoming traffic.

The fog lights aren't wired like that from the manufacturer because it's illegal--at least in some states--and inconsiderate everywhere.

9. RDF1

RDF1 I'm Awesome

I agree.. I always just ran regular low beams and wired every light to come on with the highbeams.

10. slowburb

slowburb all motor

Haha tell 'em Schurk...