4" Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it's done minus hangers. I used filler wire to keep the stress off the turbo.
It turned out beautifully!
Tail pipe is a little off till I weld hangers in and adjust it left and right. Fuel cell has to go to the left also. I moved it over so I could line up the exhaust.
Got header wrap somewhere for the tailpipe and a heat shield for the fuel cell I gotta mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turn down is barely visible.. I'll figure out if I like it or not after driving it for awhile...

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks close to the shock cause the awesome filler wire I'm using for a temp hanger pulls it to the left.
But I'm still impressed the whole thing fit with nothing even close to touching.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Na. Once I weld in the hangers it will have plenty of room.
I used filler wire to help hold everything up to keep stress off the turbo up front.

Tail pipe is hitting the frame right there so it can't get any closer to the shock.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't even notice that it was touching till you said it. Seems pretty solid in there. Your gunna have to get some video so we can hear it

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will do.
The hangers should hold it half way between the fuel cell and frame. Plus header wrap on it. Should work out pretty good I hope.
Been looking for some type of silencer ring for the turbo. Borg Warner Turbos are really loud on the compressor side

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good work on the cuts and welding. I didn't want to get that crazy on mine so I used the 4" 6.5 diesel Exhaust on my 454. It has mandrel bent tubes to go over the axle and factory style side exit. I don't know if it can be had in stainless. The system cost me about $270 with a 24"L x 7" round diesel muffler and fit factory routing and mounting locations.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!
I almost went that same route with a 4" diesel kit but i have stuff like the shocks and fuel cell that arent factory location and the down pipe to deal with. Plus i really wanted only stainless cause i dont want to worry about it ever again. Ive played the Mild Steel and Aluminumized steel exhuast rot game.
Plus i can Tig Stainless better than i can Mild/Aluminized steel :D

I didnt want to have to hack up a exisiting exhaust and try to make it work on the band saw. And after watching a video on youtube about pie cuts and such i went with it. Im glad i did after seeing the outcome.
Really hate its all under there where you cant see it too.

Ill prolly end up redoing the turbo down pipe with stainless and the cold side from the turbo to the intercooler and to the throttle body with stainless and pie cuts.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fired it up last night.. IT is very very deep sounding but i was in the shop so it could have been echoing.
I do think im going to change the 90* turn down to a 45* or 60* turn back soon.