4/6 lowering kit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I found a set of blue buckets but the material is a little dirty There pretty cheap maybe I should buy and clean the material . I dont daily mine either .

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Idk man. That looks pretty good to me. That wheel and tire combo seems to fill it out the fenders nicely. That's a good looking paint job. My first truck was a 97 gmc rcsb and it was that color.

One-year-only color!
That's a repaint. Not really impressed. The original paint was s-o-o-o much nicer.
Those tires & wheels look way better on my '98 @ 4/7. The '97 on a 2/4 & those wheels make it look kinda 'donk'-ish to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One-year-only color!
That's a repaint. Not really impressed. The original paint was s-o-o-o much nicer.
Those tires & wheels look way better on my '98 @ 4/7. The '97 on a 2/4 & those wheels make it look kinda 'donk'-ish to me.

What is the name of that paint color?? I really liked that color. Those are both clean trucks. You use belltech? And is the stock motors?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a set of blue buckets but the material is a little dirty There pretty cheap maybe I should buy and clean the material . I dont daily mine either .
Yeah and it wouldn't be an issue to even get them redone if need be. You leaning towards belltech? That's not what I have, but no one could go wrong with them if you'r wanting a 4/6 drop.

Reaction score
Yeah and it wouldn't be an issue to even get them redone if need be. You leaning towards belltech? That's not what I have, but no one could go wrong with them if you'r wanting a 4/6 drop.
Im not sure belltech or mcgaughy .The mcgaunghy is cheaper not sure if theres that much difference . I want to buy it soon. My truck was purchased from a older man it had all the chrome bottom around the whole truck been a pain to get off. Im going how your truck is no trim but I want to keep stock rear bumper. ..new wheels and tires are a must also.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not sure belltech or mcgaughy .The mcgaunghy is cheaper not sure if theres that much difference . I want to buy it soon. My truck was purchased from a older man it had all the chrome bottom around the whole truck been a pain to get off. Im going how your truck is no trim but I want to keep stock rear bumper. ..new wheels and tires are a must also.
If you will get some bailing wire and carefully slide it behind the trim, you can pull it away from the truck. Once enough is peeled off, toy can grab it by hand.That's what I did and it worked like a charm. Then just use an eraser wheel on a drill and it'll take the adhesive off that's left behind. Bumper is a good look. Those bumpers i think are a little underrated due to rollpans being so popular. I'm going to swap out wheels too. Thinking 18s.

Reaction score
I was lookin
If you will get some bailing wire and carefully slide it behind the trim, you can pull it away from the truck. Once enough is peeled off, toy can grab it by hand.That's what I did and it worked like a charm. Then just use an eraser wheel on a drill and it'll take the adhesive off that's left behind. Bumper is a good look. Those bumpers i think are a little underrated due to rollpans being so popular. I'm going to swap out wheels too. Thinking 18s.
I was looking at the bigger ralley wheels I like the look of a bigger steel wheel also .I used 2 of those eraser wheels so far they work great unfortunatly I had a spot on the bed the paint came with it .I like the look of running a rear bumper over a roll pan .I like the stock look just lowered with a nice set of wheels .

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What is the name of that paint color?? I really liked that color. Those are both clean trucks. You use belltech? And is the stock motors?

It's called Bright Blue Medium Metallic. Or...Medium Bright Blue Metallic. I can never remember.
I used Canuck Motor Sports (CMS) for both. Only because they're 40 minutes away. (Shipping kills us Canadians on stuff from the states.) They are a BellTech design derivative. But next time I'd use McGaughy's or similar spindles. I don't like the way that the B/T's & their copies kick the wheels out about 3/4" on each side.
A 4/6 kit on the black '98...at first.The only parts of that kit that are left on the truck are the spindles, springs & shock extenders. The whole rear suspension set-up has been custom made. IMO, The design of the flip kits for these trucks leaves a little to be desired if there is to be some real power thrown at them. Maybe it won't happen, maybe it will, but I could see the diff being rotated inside those clamps to the springs. The design is a compromise at best.
In that pic, the '98 is sitting @ 4/7.
The truck doesn't look like that now. (!) No box, no front clip, no interior & no engine/trans. It's become an on again off again semi-stalled project. No time. Too damn busy building other's projects. ...and right now, I'm booked till a fair ways after the May long weekend.
The blue '97 is a stock 4.3/NV3500/3.08 truck. 2/4 drop. I'll never do another one of those. Too much work for too little. A 4/6 is a lot easier. Plus, there's no issue with pinion angles & having to mess with wedges as that is all built into the 4/6's design. Not so with that %$$%$#%$#$$% 2/4 drop.
When/IF I do get my '98 done, (LS/4L80e) the '97 will get a mild 5.3 + an Eaton LSD w/3.42's.
And it'll be lower! Must...go...l-o-w-e-r!!!
After the trans does go boom, (It WILL! Ohhh...it will! I've been banging gears for over 40 years. 6500+rpm no-lift power shifts? Moi? Noooo. Not me! Lol!) I'll look at installing a T56.
But an LS will happen only after I manage to kill the 6. Believe me...I'm trying!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Idk man. That looks pretty good to me. That wheel and tire combo seems to fill it out the fenders nicely. That's a good looking paint job. My first truck was a 97 gmc rcsb and it was that color.

You mean the Imapala SS wheels?
When the truck goes lower, that tire & wheel combo is staying on the truck.
275/55-17's.
I'm just hoping that they'll work with the BellTech derived spindles. They push the wheels out around 3/4". I may have to swap them out for some McGaughy's which don't push the wheels out like the B/T's do.
Buddy had a chain of detail shops. When we were younger, we could always get a day, a week or even a month's worth of work if we needed. I've become pretty critical when it comes to paint. I see stuff that the average person doesn't.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aarong23, I just looked at the pictures in your profile of your truck and it looks perfect. What size tires your running?
Hey man, I just saw what you posted. My bad. And thanks for the compliment. I am running Cooper Cobras 255/70R15's. They filll the fenders out really well, BUT I did have to have the fenders rolled up front. I had a bodyshop do it and while I wasn't totally pleased with how they did it, they managed to not break the paint and you can't even tell they have been done. Probably just me being a perfectionist. So with that drop and tire size, it is my opinion that you get them rolled ASAP. Or before you even do the drop. Or else the fenders can just shred the tires to pieces.