4/6 drop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfoot9878

Reaction score
I'm buying a djm 4/6 drop kit asap for my 95 ecsb. I want to run the factory steel rims and tire size. I've been told it will clear.

Is that true?

Is rhe lwr ctrl arm kit worth buying? Will I have wheel clearance issues with a spindle kit?

I'm buying a kit today, probably by 5pm est.

Eric1998

Reaction score
I have a 4/6 drop on my 98, I’m running stock wheels and the tire size up front is 215/65/15. I have very few rubbing issues with this tire size. I went with the McGaughy’s drop kit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jim2029

Reaction score
Thanks.

After all the reading I've done this morning on the web, I'm going with the kit with Lower ctrl arms/springs.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 4/6 with flip and c notch with drop spindles. I had stock factory aluminum wheels on mine with no rub issues, Later on I swapped them out for OEM 8 inch GM truck rally's . 245/70/15 front 255/70/15 rear. Had to roll fender edges for the 8 inch wheels with this tire combo

Jim2029

Reaction score
Well, I finally ordered the kit on June 8th. Just got a call and was told its on a 3 week back order. I won't be doing this till mid July anyways.

JDM suspensions is who I went with.

bewsii

Reaction score
I have a McGaughy's 4/6 spindle kit with welded flip in the rear, McGaughys shocks along with Belltech shock extenders on the rear. Don't mind the jacked up looking bed, it was a combination of just getting it back from the shop after the drop kit installation and a hump in the driveway where the rear wheel is sitting. The suspension hadn't settled yet so it looked weird. I was worried myself, but once it settled on a flat surface in the garage, it leveled back out. I think I'm going to replace all of the cab/bed mounts next either way.

Nearly every part on this truck is brand new under the hood. New crate 5.7 from Summit, PerformaBuilt Rock Crawler 4L60E, FTI Converter, new lights all around, new brakes all around. I bought it for $800 with a blown engine. It's a money pit that ended up costing me twice what I wanted to spend lol. The interior is currently gutted as I'm installing a full RF audio system with double din in-dash carplay/Nav headunit.

The front had to be rolled. It's on 20x8.5's with as big a tire I could stuff under it.

This was at the shop before they finished some other stuff.

Last edited:

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a McGaughy's 4/6 spindle kit with welded flip in the rear, McGaughys shocks along with Belltech shock extenders on the rear. Don't mind the jacked up looking bed, it was a combination of just getting it back from the shop after the drop kit installation and a hump in the driveway where the rear wheel is sitting. The suspension hadn't settled yet so it looked weird. I was worried myself, but once it settled on a flat surface in the garage, it leveled back out. I think I'm going to replace all of the cab/bed mounts next either way.

Nearly every part on this truck is brand new under the hood. New crate 5.7 from Summit, PerformaBuilt Rock Crawler 4L60E, FTI Converter, new lights all around, new brakes all around. I bought it for $800 with a blown engine. It's a money pit that ended up costing me twice what I wanted to spend lol. The interior is currently gutted as I'm installing a full RF audio system with double din in-dash carplay/Nav headunit.

The front had to be rolled. It's on 20x8.5's with as big a tire I could stuff under it.

This was at the shop before they finished some other stuff.

Are those Ridler 650's?

97STEPSIDE254

Reaction score
I have 4/6 with flip and c notch with drop spindles. I had stock factory aluminum wheels on mine with no rub issues, Later on I swapped them out for OEM 8 inch GM truck rally's . 245/70/15 front 255/70/15 rear. Had to roll fender edges for the 8 inch wheels with this tire combo

Did you have any issues with drop spindles hitting or rubbing on the rally wheels?