4.3-5.7 swap vats questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lmn1

Reaction score
Im looking at buying this project package, it's a truck with a running driving donor truck. I know there's lots of information on the 4.3-5.7 swap and majority of the swap I researched and grasp. But have a few questions in regards to vats and interior wiring.

The truck.
98 reg cab Short box 2wd, was a 4.3( motor is gone, along with the pcm and a bunch of the wiring has been cut out under the hood due to a attempted BBC swap) 5 spd still there and the truck has zero options.
Donor truck
98 ext cab Short box 2wd, 5.7 auto, AC,tilt cruise. Complete running driving truck.

My plan.
Swap in the 5.7& auto, using the donor pcm, underhood wiring, plus all rad/lines/ect. Obviously I will have to use the column and pedals from the donor.(5spd to auto)

So will I have any pcm or vats issues since I'm using the column and pcm from the donor? Or any other electronic issue's? Any other modules need to be swapped from the donor, like the body control module? How hard would it be to swap the AC over? Is it easier to pull the dash out for swapping the column/pedals out?
I assume that the truck having no options, that the wiring provisions for AC or cruise will be there, or do I have to swap the entire interior harness?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Lmn1

Reaction score
Can I use the original airbags or do I have to use the ones from the parts truck? ( Color is different)