350 tbi valve train adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I typically spray some cooking spray on them, it will allow them to slip into place when your're bolting them down and will generally let them come off in one piece should you swap them again in the future. And when it warms up, smells like butter baby!!

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I typically spray some cooking spray on them, it will allow them to slip into place when your're bolting them down and will generally let them come off in one piece should you swap them again in the future. And when it warms up, smells like butter baby!!

i dont know wether to take this serious or not. LMAO

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Not sure if small block valve covers are like the big block ones but the big block uses silicone rubbery gaskets that can be re-used,I've done it several times on mine.Also I'll be adjusting my rocker arms soon so i thought I'd share my setup.

Valve cover with gasket
You must be registered for see images attach

Valve cover cut out to gain access to the rocker arm nut(rough cut,might have to trim a little) and the clips to deflect the oil.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not use silicone sealer on them..it will get on to your oxygen sensors and ruin them.use a non silicone gasket.sealer..some people use none.if you think you are going to have to remove the covers for some adjustments..sounds like you need a new oil pump..some guys used to use card board.to keep the oil from going down on the exhaust and starting a fire..a engine fire is not pretty..

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if small block valve covers are like the big block ones but the big block uses silicone rubbery gaskets that can be re-used,I've done it several times on mine.Also I'll be adjusting my rocker arms soon so i thought I'd share my setup.

Valve cover with gasket

Valve cover cut out to gain access to the rocker arm nut(rough cut,might have to trim a little) and the clips to deflect the oil.

I just bought an extra set of stock valve covers and realized that the gaskets are reusable. Since I have an extra set that are clean now, I'll also be notching out my old ones to use as a deflector. Yea buddy

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This way takes a little more time, but if you want them right,
Do one cylinder at a time
Turn engine over until the intake just starts opening and set the exhaust by turning the pushrod with your fingers and tightening the rocker until it just stops turning freely, then give it 1 turn. Roll the engine over until the exhaust has opened and is almost closed and do the intake the same way.
This puts the lifter on the heel of the cam and is the ONLY way that they will all be the same. I have rebuilt dozens of motors and when they leave my shop, the valves will never have to be touched again.
If the motors are going to be used for racing, I'll do it the same way, but leave them a little "looser", maybe a quarter turn.