305 to 350 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
For an S10, the 4.3 is a workhorse and I got plenty of work out of mine. In a full size, I wouldn't want it in anything bigger than a RCSB. Just doesn't seem like it would have enough power to push it.

Speaking of 305's however, I did just search my local CL out of curiousity and found a $20 305 engine someone is selling because they're moving. A $20 SBC to slowly rip apart and rebuild in the shed when I'm not hands deep in either of my vehicles? Sounds like a good deal to me. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just doesn't seem like it would have enough power to push it.

I wish I would have saved some video of me doing stupid things with my long bed back when it still had a 60E behind the 4.3. It definitely did some things you would not think the V6 would be capable of in a full size truck!

Unfortunately the 80E swap put an end to most of that. The truck used to run a mid 17 second quarter mile believe it or not, I'm sure it's considerably slower now.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I would have saved some video of me doing stupid things with my long bed back when it still had a 60E behind the 4.3. It definitely did some things you would not think the V6 would be capable of in a full size truck!

Unfortunately the 80E swap put an end to most of that. The truck used to run a mid 17 second quarter mile believe it or not, I'm sure it's considerably slower now.
Yes the 96+ 4.3s are not bad 25 more horsepower than a tbi 305 and only 10 fewer torque lbs.

Hartwell

Reaction score
My truck is a tbi, so I’m looking for a tbi motor either already with vortec heads or I’ll just find a tbi donor and scrounge for vortec heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a tbi, so I’m looking for a tbi motor either already with vortec heads or I’ll just find a tbi donor and scrounge for vortec heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't put vortec heads on a stock tbi motor if your not planning on serious tuning plus if your on a budget the intake manifold/exhaust egr manifold/fuel pump are not cheap.