3/4 Ton Lift Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I have seen some people put 3/4 ton leaf springs in there 1/2 ton and I was wondering how it works? Is it direct bolt on replacement? Is there a write up on it? Do they add lift and if so how much? Thanks guys!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've heard people say about .25" to 1.5" of lift...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
No clue. I would imagine they are just like a lift spring would be.. I've never done it before, just guessing...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like any other spring change, front hanger bolt, rear shake bolt, an u bolts that's it....

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Sorry. I misread. I didn't see the "leaf" part. My bad...

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Just like any other spring change, front hanger bolt, rear shake bolt, an u bolts that's it....

Awesome. Did you notice a difference when you did yours? Do I need to bring the U bolt from that truck or will the U bolts from lift work?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Did you notice a difference when you did yours? Do I need to bring the U bolt from that truck or will the U bolts from lift work?

I haven't done it but I have thought about it. There should be plenty of the ubolt left to use the ones that came with the lift if you didn't trim them.....

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Oh dang I thought you had! Alright well I think im going to the junk yard tomorrow to get some! As far as I know they havent been trimmed

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I used the 2500 rear leaf springs on my 1500. I have the 14 bolt semi-floater and it was a direct replacement. The u bolts need to be replaced because they are a one time deal. The only trouble I had during install was trying to lift the truck high enough to pull the springs from under the truck. I found them at the junkyard when the city sent all their gmt 400 trucks to the junkyard; the are a 5 leaf pack plus the overloads. These springs added lift to my truck. The top of the front tire lines up with the top of bodyline while the top of the rear tire lines up with the bottom of the bodyline.