2wd lift. 31x10.50 KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhash

Reaction score
I have been a member for awhile and been waitin to post updates. the old tires wouldn't never wear out. so I'm putting new tires on now anyway and a small lift. Dropped the truck off at the shop tonight and will have finished pix tomorrow except for rear block lift. I'm going to measure and order correctly to make her sit level again.. 1.25" energy suspension coil lift in front.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dhash

Reaction score
bought it with 41,*** has 58,*** now

Dhash

Reaction score
updates! couldn't be happier. rides better than befor. the 31x10.5 KO2 are super quiet on the road. 1.25" energy suspension spring spacer installed. ( raises 1.75" ) . Befor, the fender measurement was 32.25" all around. now the front is 35.5" and rear is 33.5". I was told to drive a few weeks and let everything settle and measure again. Also put on black fender trim tonight. will have better pix tomorrow and then again in a few weeks after rear is lifted 1 or 1.5"

Dhash

Reaction score
I had almost went with the rough country 4" spindle... but didn't want the added width. then almost went with rough country 2" coil...but everybody said it rides too rough.. plus even with only 2" they recommended longer sway bar end links and everyone saying suspension and steering parts wear out faster blahblahblah...Sooo, I got to thinking what I really needed/wanted. heres my thinking process..

this is my DD. that being said...

1.don't want an unnecessary to rough of ride for the look I'm after.

2. I don't need to replace truck...don't need 4wd to only use 2 times a year, rather stay with better ride quality.

3. LOVE the look/stance of stock single cab short bed 4wd. or a few percent bigger.. torsion bars cranked up a bit and 31s 32s

4. keep it kid friendly. my son is 3 and want to keep it easy on the in and out process. 4" lift and 33" like I initially wanted would have probably made me spend more money on electric door steps.

5. I do need new tires, and do need more traction..I tow SxS to WV often and 1 wheel spin in rain sucks.

6. so I started looking at coil spacers around the 2-3 inch, and there was some hate on them about them wearing out, falling out yadayada but that was offroading and flexing which im not doing..but then I found polyurethane spacers, that claimed could also improve ride quality. but again the least was 2" and there I was again with the tierodendlinks and steering parts wearing mess...and some even suggesting longer shocks or shock extensions for just a 2 inch lift and I definitely didn't want to do that either. And finally finally finally I came across Energy Suspensions 1.25" polyurethane lift ( that actually says on the website lift Vehicles an average of 1.75" ... and actually lifted mine 2" exactly. ..may settle down to 1.75" in a few weeks ) so there it was my happy medium. A lift enough to get some bigger tires, make my truck look like a Z71 and not have to get new shocks or shock extensions, steering parts, longer tie rod end links, or side steps. bam, best bang for the buck right thurrrrrrr.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks damn good! I love my BFGs,

Whereabouts in NC are you located? There's TONs of us on here, I live somewhat close to a member or two,

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Good call on the spacer. I've lifted mine twice [RC 2", then the 4" (sig pic)] and it's now sitting stock on some 31" ATs. Very happy with it now. Same truck as you, just an extended cab.