2wd build ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhash

Reaction score
Hey everyone
Brand new to thread. I have 1997 Silverado 2wd, 305, RCSB, bought it 10 months ago with 40k miles. Just hit 50k. No need for 4wd. Just want it a little bigger but all the options are killing me. Need help!
Coil spacers are a pain....
Taller springs ride ruff
4 inch spindle widens track.
New shocks or no?
Needs breaks soon, upgrade fronts and change rear to disk?...
New wheels or leave original. .
Only thing I'm sure about is going to posi with 4.10s
This is my DD and would like best ride quality posible
Heaviest I tow is a trailer with my ATV. ( 1,800lbs at most )

You must be registered for see images attach

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you said you were looking to go up but if it were mine I would probably throw a mild drop on it and a set of rally wheel replicas in the 17 or 18" flavor and call it done

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother-in-law had a step side in that color... I really came to like that color. i think it had the same wheels. We used to kid him about the girly color of his truck. A local young lady bought it new, and he bought it when she traded it in.. V6

Ditto what BerHntr said... You have a sweet looking truck.:waytogo:

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
A good friend had a 65 Impala SS 396 painted this GM factory color "Evening Orchid" Pontiac called theirs "Iris Mist" Same color. Looks close. But that had to be single stage enamel paint I would think. IIRC it was a 2 year color.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Canuck Motorsports has lift coils (not spacers, all new coils).

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
How does taller make it ride rough?
Its the springs used to lift it, not the height itself.

I've ran both the coil lift (not the spacer) and the spindle. I can honestly say that after trying both lifts, ill never do another coil lift, and id be hesitant to run a spindle lift (because of the wider track width, and if the back doesn't match the front, it'd drive me nuts). That being said, get a body lift, keep the wheels, bigger tires and call it done. 2wds show very little frame compared to 4wd with body lifts

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go with just a 2" lowering as you can keep stock ride and still tow what you are talking about. I would be careful about lifting 2wd's too much as I have seen upper control arm mount problems when lifting. My take on rear discs is that unless you are racing it is not needed. The rear brakes only do about 30% of your braking and the parking brakes on the disc rears are more trouble than they are worth. IMO.
Nice truck I wouldn't do to much that couldn't be put back to stock if you wanted to.

Dhash

Reaction score
Its the springs used to lift it, not the height itself.

I've ran both the coil lift (not the spacer) and the spindle. I can honestly say that after trying both lifts, ill never do another coil lift, and id be hesitant to run a spindle lift (because of the wider track width, and if the back doesn't match the front, it'd drive me nuts). That being said, get a body lift, keep the wheels, bigger tires and call it done. 2wds show very little frame compared to 4wd with body lifts

I do hate the frame hanging down. But maybe a 1.5" would do the trick. And fit 32x11.50
I just measured fender height, all where even at 32-1/4". ¿