2500 or 3500 vs 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
When looking at that picture, look at the rectangular shaped metal piece under the bolt head, on your truck it is oval shaped, that's a cam eccentric bolt. When the bolt is turned, that oval turns and pushes the control arm, and that bolt moves in that slot that you will be punching out (if it hasn't been punched before).

Those controls Camber, the inward and outward tilt of the wheel.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Can't TylerZ281500 put a 3" body lift on his truck and get close to the same stance? I have a 3" lift and sit a bit higher than a 2500.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if i do a body lift ill have to bedliner the whole bottom, and i dont have a grand to spend on a lift, i was just thinking stock parts cause theres probably a couple in the pick n pull yard

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You can get a body lift for a couple hundred bucks. Get the rubberized coating in a spray can and your all set for less than $300 and about 3 hours of time.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i have to upgrade to the rectangluar piece or the oval is fine as long as the part of the control arm beneath had been punched?

No you keep the OE oval plates. That picture was just to show you where the knockouts are, they are under the rectangle plates. Factory is a perfect hole so with the knockouts out it will be elongagated.

IMO a bodylift will be a better option for if you dont mind some frame showing. Its cheaper in the long run vs. running cranked.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
im not sticking with my 33's though, but out of curiosity do you have any links? and i hate undercoating, but its better than nothing i guess

I dont have any pics on here of the truck right now. I would run out and take some but it's FU**ING SNOWING!!!!
I have 285's on and very close to rubbing the fender in front and back. From the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender I have 8.5" of gap.