2500 or 3500 vs 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
the slot is to allow the adjustment for the torsion to be able to move? im not getting new control arms and im also not taking them off

When doing an alignment on these trucks with the IFS like this, you turn a cammed eccentric bolt, meaning the bolt head has an egg shaped cam on it, so when that bolt turns, it pushes the bolt away, that bolt rides in that slot, and when the alignment rack shows green for camber/caster then you tighten the nut on that bolt, it holds it tightly in place. You know all that right? Have you worked on that alignment rack before?

Ask your instructor where that slot is that needs to be punched out.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To get to the knockouts you need to remove the upper control cam eccentric bolts, then you can see them. Probably have to move the control arm to beat them out and this will give you the full camber adjustment for the allignment.

As for the 3/4ton torsion bars if you are just after more height your 1/2ton bars will crank high enough unless completely shot.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Not sure about the bars, but they probably dont punch the CA's from factory because they are probably dead on from the factory. I dunno.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im gonna have to take off the new bushing and **** to take off my control arms. excuse my french but FACKK

No reason to take the bushings out. The part being removed are in the upper control arm mounts on the frame. But if new bushings then there are no worries of the bolt being seized in the sleve and control arm!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
theres only new bushings on the passenger side. they were shot. ill figure it out, its easier to go look at it and do it if you know whats being discribed than sitting here and thinking waaaaaaah

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
oooh mine has little offset circular ones, are those factory? oh have they alreay been knocked out, because the truck was within pretty good alignment when i got it