20x10 20x12 idea(staggered?) plus some template **** i did up today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today at work I have absolutely no work so i decided to make a template of a 20x12 wheel with -44 offset and take some measurements.. All and all i think with a 33" tire with a 20x12 would end up rubbing frame at full lock. I have pictures and **** I'll post when i get home. But I had an idea and wondered if anyone has ever run a staggered setup up like muscle cars run? Maybe 20x10's up front and 20x12's in the rear I wouldnt think it would matter as long as they are all 20"? I don't know if you could or shouldnt do this but I was just wondering. It seems like the only downside from what I can think of is rotating tires.. the tires would have to be unmounted and remounted to rotate properly. Or maybe having them not exactly the same is bad for when its in 4x4?

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't do staggered just do 10s man if ur not gonna do a lift its gonna be a tight fit anyway but 10s with 33s will work fine.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i was thinking about it and staggered would proly look like **** anyway. But heres what I did:

Cardboard template of a 20 inch rim with -44 offset so i could mount it up and see about how far it would stick out and turning clearances.

First off I measured me fender to ground heights and it turns out i have about an 1" 1/4 cali lean stock.. and a 1/4" lean right to left

LF: 39.5" RF: 39.75"
LR: 38.25" RR: 38.5"

I then looked to see how far my tbar screws were in (which I have never touched)

Driver side had 1 1/8" from top of the bolt head to being all the way screwed in
Passenger side had 1" from top of the bolt head to being all the way screwed in

I know every truck will be different but is there a relative average for a stock truck?

but heres some pics of the mock up

You must be registered for see images

Then if you figure with a 33" tire on it 6.5" of tire all around the rim it looked like it would definitely rub the frame.
I think I might just say f*ck the 12's and just go with 10's :(

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Well i was thinking about it and staggered would proly look like **** anyway. But heres what I did:

Cardboard template of a 20 inch rim with -44 offset so i could mount it up and see about how far it would stick out and turning clearances.

First off I measured me fender to ground heights and it turns out i have about an 1" 1/4 cali lean stock.. and a 1/4" lean right to left

LF: 39.5" RF: 39.75"
LR: 38.25" RR: 38.5"

I then looked to see how far my tbar screws were in (which I have never touched)

Driver side had 1 1/8" from top of the bolt head to being all the way screwed in
Passenger side had 1" from top of the bolt head to being all the way screwed in

I know every truck will be different but is there a relative average for a stock truck?

but heres some pics of the mock up

Then if you figure with a 33" tire on it 6.5" of tire all around the rim it looked like it would definitely rub the frame.
I think I might just say f*ck the 12's and just go with 10's :(

I cant see the pics? Anyone else having this issue :shrug:

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm there i uploaded them on flickr wonder why theyre not workin?

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Photo0824 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo01 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo0 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo0828 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo0829 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo0827 by TLoud, on Flickr

Photo0830 by TLoud, on Flickr

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but dont forget, thats with no weight on it so it will stick out more once it is on the truck and down to the ground

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you make your template the size of the tire instead of just the rim so you're not just guessing? Also, things will change when the weight of the truck is on the suspension.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Different rim widths will effect the height of the tire a bit. That's not good for 4wd use. With super wide wheels it also my look like you're driving a steam roller.