2015 Style Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool I'll be able to lower the price and try to get the wife to agree to it.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck getting the lens off of the part that holds it on? As to change the LEDs or something?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck getting the lens off of the part that holds it on? As to change the LEDs or something?

I have. I used a razor blade and a flat blade screwdriver. Got the razor blade hot/warm and went between the lense and the backing then when I had a spot big enough I used the screwdriver to slowly pry the lense off. It's held together with adhesive that doesn't react to heat so you can't use an oven like opening headlights.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Just to update everyone. These current style aftermarket mirrors are awesome. You can do literally anything with them. I have had great luck with mine so far.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Just to update everyone. These current style aftermarket mirrors are awesome. You can do literally anything with them. I have had great luck with mine so far.

I agree. Sooo, much more aftermarket support even using the OEM or the OEM aimed aftermarket part on them. Plus you can see a lot more in these then the GMT800 style mirrors, which has been mentioned before.

I also think I've come up with a solution for the dem LED backup/clearance lights. I just have to get the time to get them installed and if it works out right it'll be even brighter than the OEM backup/clearance lights.

Mr.White98

Reaction score
97PROSHOZ71, any way you can post a few pictures of the switchbacks on the truck? I've been thinking of doing something similar to my front park/signal lights, but making the white leds act as drl instead of parking lights. Thanks

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would someone be so kind as to post a pic of the correct orientation of the bracket that comes with these mirrors goes..? :)

I was (and still am) totally on board with 'no wiring diagram, buyer does own wiring', but I can't for the life of me figure out how to even get the damn things bolted up first!

These are ones I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282290775609?item=282290775609&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

I wanted to keep it all the matte plastic and I thought I was getting red leds behind the glass, but they are amber. That won't be to hard to change if I really wanted to down the line though. Very pleased with the (seemingly) quality build of these things, wish I had a more thorough review! haha

Thanks!!

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind. Turns out, I'm NOT crazy. The damn brackets were stamped backward.

Both these images are the RIGHT (passenger) side.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Thanks to ProshowZ71 I have a nice set of new tow mirrors on my 99 but I trying to get the shake out of the top mirrors and trying to get the passenger upper mirror to rotate farther inward or somehow reindex the whole assembly to rotate in closer to the truck. I am 5-8 and the passenger mirror points away from the truck for me, unless I lean way back. Any suggestions for the shaking and passenger alignment would be most welcome. Cheers, Mark