2015 Style Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green98

Reaction score
If the seller is motors_zone I ordered same set but with amber signal, wanted smoked but didn't read enough, they worked with me quickly and easily for an issue with shipping, seemed like they would take care of other issues if you run into them. I like the painted caps, feels like they belong on the truck more.

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought that set as well and was able to separate the wiring behind the mirror without having to pop the glass off.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
So k got my mirrors on Thursday and worked on them Friday. These are 100% better than the other set I have. These come with snap on style mirror caps so you can remove and paint or vinyl wrap whatever color you want to.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was able to get ten taken apart to get the wiring straightened out. The best part about these is that the power actually functions like it is supposed to.

Since he mirror glass light and the forward facing light is tied into each other you have to split them and run a separate wire for the outside light. After doing that and reassembling the mirror you just wire them into your truck how you want it. Example : mirror glass to turn signal, forward light to park light, and white light to cargo or reverse, whichever you prefer.

After all is said and done these things are amazing, much better than the previous version. Here's a review video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
So k got my mirrors on Thursday and worked on them Friday. These are 100% better than the other set I have. These come with snap on style mirror caps so you can remove and paint or vinyl wrap whatever color you want to.

I was able to get ten taken apart to get the wiring straightened out. The best part about these is that the power actually functions like it is supposed to.

Since he mirror glass light and the forward facing light is tied into each other you have to split them and run a separate wire for the outside light. After doing that and reassembling the mirror you just wire them into your truck how you want it. Example : mirror glass to turn signal, forward light to park light, and white light to cargo or reverse, whichever you prefer.

After all is said and done these things are amazing, much better than the previous version. Here's a review video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched your video, I'm curious other than the your mirror wiring for the adjust works and the glass isn't wavy, I don't see any structural or build differences from the previous set? Insides look the same, still have to modify the lighting wiring...

BTW the mirrors caps all snap on to my knowledge, I haven't seen any that screw/bolt in place. It's cool they are available shipped loose, although you sill have to take them apart anyway for the wiring.

wolfhunter92

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe with heated mirrors and have been wondering how to get the heated mirrors with these. I am glad I have found this post. what older 800 mirrors are yall using for the base? I wish someone would just offer these in a heated for our body style so you don't have to tear them apart.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread. There is a new style of mirror out now too. I'll have to make a post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to buy 2 sets of mirrors, a cheap GMT400 set and a GMT800 set w/heat and other options you want. The GMT400 set can be either the older or newer style, as you will only need the base from them.
Dave are you saying that you can get the cheaper non-power gmt800 style towing mirrors for a gmt400 for the the bases to put on the power/heated 2015 style mirrors on?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Dave are you saying that you can get the cheaper non-power gmt800 style towing mirrors for a gmt400 for the the bases to put on the power/heated 2015 style mirrors on?

Yes you can, that's somewhat the same thing me and 88GMCtruck did. Other than the fact we already had heated GMT800 style mirrors.

But basicly, find the cheapest GMT800 style GMT400 tow mirrors you can and then get the options you want for the K2XX mirrors for a 99-02 GM truck and swap the bases so they fit the GMT400.

There will be some wiring involved to the the 99-02 power function wiring to work with the GMT400 wiring. It's not too bad though, you just have to combine the 2 grounds from the truck to make it a single ground that the 99-02 mirrors take. It will still have some quirks but it will function.