2015 Haosen Hawk 250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is my 2nd bike. The first was a 91 Kawasaki KDX200. I loved it, it was a torque machine, but I wanted something street legal. I liked the idea of a dual sport, but I couldn't find anything street legal for less than $4000. A little out of my price range. So I stumbled on to these chinese dual sports. There's 3 dealerships within 10 minutes of campus that sell these things. They're imported by Ricky Powersports, 229cc engine, air cooled, 14.1 HP at 7000 rpm, 12.17 ft lbs at 5500 rpm, 276 pounds, top speed of 60 mph, can get one brand new from a dealer (inc tax, title, and license) for $1700.

I thought about buying new, but then I found a guy selling a couple of them. I went to look at one, ended up buying another. He neglected to tell me that neither one was running at the time. So we spent close to 5 hours in the parking lot of his apartment taking carbs apart, ec... until finally, one ran, idled, and rode fine. He was asking $1100 for it, shity paint job, 3100 miles, needed lots of work. I offered him $800 and he countered with $850, signed the title, helped me load it and I went on my way.
You must be registered for see images

and of course, a truck picture too :anitoof:

On my way home, I dropped the battery off at oreilly's because it was dead.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Picked it up the next morning, took it around the block, parked, turned it off, washed the bike and about an hour later I went to start it and nothing. Battery was dead again. I popped those little plugs off the top and sure enough, no water. Filled it, bought a trickle charger, and it's worked great ever since.

Speedometer, odometer, trip, and fuel gauge did not work. At this point, I didn't care. I planned to change the oil and ride it. We all know how that goes....

And he best part of the whole bike....

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Got a call from the PO the next day. He told me he forgot to mention that the oil dip stick broke off and fell in the motor... :gr_guns: He said he had a shop go in and remove it while he was in california. He said he's changed the oil several times since and hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary.... <---

So I decide to change the oil hoping for the best. I should have known better.

So that whole, just riding it idea... gone.

It did fit in the shop though

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
During this ordeal, I received some parts in the mail

17t front sprocket. Stock gearing is 15/50 which is great for offroading but I want this bike to be a 90% on road, and 10% off road bike. I think 17/45 should do the trick.

The stock shifter is too short for me to confortably get my size 14 shoe under to shift, so I ordered a longer one with a spring tip

GK Spark Plug. Easy to do so why not?

I think it might be running a little rich lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Threw the headlight on for ***** and giggles. I like the look and may keep it this way

Remember my speedometer that didn't work. this is the fix. A guy on www.chinariders.com sells these things. Digital with a tach and gear indicator. $95 shipped with a 6 month warranty

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
For the last two days, I've spent a total of 12 hours in the shop working on the bike. I found a $25 walmart giftcard in my desk and figured why not... So I went out and bought paint. I decided on charcoal metallic.

You can see the crappy paint currently on it

Primer and one coat of paint

Here is the final product

Like I mentioned before, I like the look of no plastics so they were taken right back off. They'll help with resale if that day comes lol

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Sweet, nice progress, i may get one this spring if your's doesn't suck lol.

Did you do any of the airbox or carb mods?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Turned into a pretty nice looking bike.....nice job! Any exhaust plans?
Thanks! They sell an aftermarket exhaust for them. I'll get one some day but for now, I just removed the baffle. I'll probably paint it black and wrap it in exhaust wrap.
Sweet, nice progress, i may get one this spring if your's doesn't suck lol.

Did you do any of the airbox or carb mods?
It's definitely fun. I topped out at 50mph, but I weigh as much as the bike lol. The air box mod is done and I just finished tuning the carb. 110 main, shimmed the needle, adjusted the fuel mixture, etc... still not perfect but A LOT better than it was

Took some pictures of it the other day and finally transferred the title
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Went out tonight to grease the front axle (my God did it need it) of all things and.... of course this is where I ended up. Front axle greased, swing arm greased, coilover greased, I tried my best to clean the chain with what I had available bu it'd didn't wok so great, cleaned the front wheel, wiped the gunk off the motor/frame/swingarm. I went a lot deeper into this than I thought I would. :nono:

Still waiting on my JT rear 45t sprocket to be delivered to the amazon seller so they can send it to me. Only ordered it a month ago. They are supposed to receive it on the 15th. It'll probably be delayed ANOTHER two weeks.