2002 Tahoe sweet deal in hard times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've got a set of caddy 17s. What yall think I should run. The caddy wheels or the d windows. Not sure on what to do. I live the d windows but I kinda want to go back to factory wheels as I can't afford new wheels. But I don't want to be too cookie cutter like everybody else these days.

My Dark Blue Hoe

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Long time no update. Just been driving her lately. Recently seafoamed my motor. Oil came out black when I changed the oil. Went back with my usual 10w40 Mobil 1 Full synthetic high mileage and a bottle of Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. And my tapping noise that a lot of these trucks I've noticed make is gone. And she seems to be running much smother now. Haven't driven very far on the oil change yet so I can't really say if it's consuming oil or not. I know that it was before. I just recently upgraded from my Memphis 10 inch sub and 700w quantum amp to 2 planet audio 12s and a 2000w lanzar amp. She hits so much harder now. Still have to get it fine tuned but for now it will do. Only have 350 in the new setup. So far still running the d-windows and gladiators. Loving the tires. I did however ad some gmt800 chrome center caps to the d-windows and I'm very satisfied with the look. Been toying around the idea of a MBRP cat back exhaust system for it. But unsure if I want to do it or not. Might be buying a 85 k5 project so we will where my money goes haha. Anyway here are the most recent pics I have of the tahoe.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully more changes coming soon as money permits. Tax returns came back a lot less than I expected so my plans have changed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this yesterday.

And then got tired of it and switched back

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Did this yesterday.

And then got tired of it and switched back

Glad you switched back! Those donks are HORRIBLE; might as well drive on the rims with those non-existent tires.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you switched back! Those donks are HORRIBLE; might as well drive on the rims with those non-existent tires.
It actually didn't ride that bad to be honest. They were fairly smooth. I don't mind low pros as much as I used to as of ride quality. But I don't like the fact that I can't drive the way I normally do. I ain't about to throw my truck into a corner on low pros

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well rear is still stock but springs coming soon hopefully. Had to replace the power steering pump yesterday as it broke on me Saturday. That was my spring money. But soon enough. Changes will come. Thinking about trading the wheels and tires for something different.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting esky racks for it just have to get the paint to match the ends and it'll be going on with in the week. Never thought I'd want chrome but he goes nothing.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Traded my wheels and tires for some chrome GMC 18s. Hopefully getting new tires this week. Looking at mastercraft mxt in a 275/70r18.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well couldn't afford the mastercrafts and decided not to go with new tires so I picked up some Terra grapps in a 295/70r18. Comes out to about a 34x11.5 or so. They are just over 1/4 tread. Got them for $200 so I'd say it was worth it and the hoe looks much better now. Got them on today and then cleaned her up a bit. They ride good and look good. Her are some pics

Picked up the paint for the caps on the esky rack so hopefully have it on sometime this week. Going to look good I hope.