2001 Corvette rear end swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thewedge

Reaction score
I found a great deal on a 2001 Corvette rear end. I want to put it into my 1990 Silverado. The problem I have is that the rear ends in 2001 Corvettes are attached to the transmission. Almost looks like transfer-case bolt up. The guy I'm buying it from says that he's heard of it being done to Chevy trucks before but, doesn't have a clue how to do it. There's no yoke like you would normally see coming out of the rear end and I can't see whats there because he hasn't pulled the tranny yet. I know that there will be considerable fabrication, but that doesn't bother me . It's the open differential that I might have to make some kind of adapter plate that I really don't want to dive into. Anyway, I was just hoping that some of you guys might have heard of or had done one of these conversions yourself. So there you have it. Is it a Go...or a No Go. Thanks.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think he's yanking your chain. 2001 is a C5. C4 rear ends on the other hand are popular hot rod swaps as their diff does not bolt to the trans, just takes a drive shaft. Save yourself the asspain.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fabricating to mount is one thing but engineering to work is a tougher job. I would want to use everything from the motor back from the Vette.

It would be a neat swap for a show truck as it would be impressive to look at but would it really improve the truck for a driver? You can make stock rear ends ride nice and handle if that is the object for a lot less work. Corvettes are not know for having a comfy ride unless they have changed.

Last edited: