2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also a quick cold air intake. I have a 45 degree to put in and then the filter will be in the lower corner of the driver side.
You must be registered for see images attach

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled the motor out of the 01 burb today. Surprised how easy it was for a nbs. The guy wants to go through the motor himself, so ill be waiting on him to finish rebuilding it before we throw it in the 82. Now that i've been through the swap completely, things seem so easy. I'll post pics when i head back out there, last time i went i didnt bring my camera. On a separate note, I start an auto collision program soon for college, and they allow you to do some work on your own cars too, outside of diagnostics and repair labs. I think i see some serious bodywork ahead in the future of my c1500. We'll see.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed the maf. It had no 12v power running to the sensor, so it must've just been dead. Trucks running good now.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out i was only running on 6 cylinders. A coil pack and injector later, we're back in buisiness. Already smoked some cars.. 88 camaro heads and cam 350, pontiac firebird 3.8 turbo..gave a ls1 firebird a run for its money. Feels good to be running right.

cowboy99k1500

Reaction score
I had to adapt my R4 compressor cause it's hot as Hadees down here in Miami plus the humidity. You sweat bullets from when I walk outside my house to the truck! Having a black paint job doesn't help either as it attracts the sun. It's stays cold tho, that's for sure

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
I fully understand, I'm just a little north of you in Ft. Lauderdale, and work in Miami once in a while.

Getting ready to do a 5.3 swap in my 99 burb, along with a Denali front clip conversion.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I fully understand, I'm just a little north of you in Ft. Lauderdale, and work in Miami once in a while.

Getting ready to do a 5.3 swap in my 99 burb, along with a Denali front clip conversion.
That front clip will look great. I haven't done it yet, but a trans cooler will help out that trans. Burban is a heavier vehicle. Maybe try to look for a 4L80e for it. I bought an 04 Tahoe with a 5.3 as a daily driver. That thing weighs significantly more than my '94 C1500 short bed single cab with the 5.3 in it. The Tahoe just feels slower. Just saying

cowboy99k1500

Reaction score
That front clip will look great. I haven't done it yet, but a trans cooler will help out that trans. Burban is a heavier vehicle. Maybe try to look for a 4L80e for it. I bought an 04 Tahoe with a 5.3 as a daily driver. That thing weighs significantly more than my '94 C1500 short bed single cab with the 5.3 in it. The Tahoe just feels slower. Just saying

I would love to have a 6.0 and 4l80e. My burb is a 4wd rolling on 35 in tall tires. I am actually looking for. The fuel economy along with power, with that being said for the right price i might be persuaded on selling my 5.3/4l60e combo, so I can get a 6.0/4l80e.

I have a harness and ecu from psi conversions, programmed for 2 fans. And the Dirty dingo mounts are definitely the way to go. The burb already has a tranny cooler. The 5.3/4l60e was going into a Yukon, but had too many vehicles, my development says.☹

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find a 6.0 I would go for it. Especially if you're going to put it in a burb. If not, put a cam in the 4
5.3 and you should be close to the 6.0 I'm gonna be camming my 5.3 eventually