2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer MN

Reaction score
Congrats Matt! You will enjoy the LS. I did it 2 years ago in my 96 RCLB, 2wd. No comparison to the old 305.
Where are u in Iowa?
BoomerMN

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great job dude, what exhaust and muffler did u end up putting on ?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used jegs off-road y pipe into a dual out flowmaster copy that I had laying around

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the c10 I will be swapping soon, you'll see some posts of the truck around wintertime as well. Straight six, 3 speed auto.

You must be registered for see images attach

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was driving my truck around today, and had two people ask me what i had under the hood. It's little things like this that make me appreciate my truck more. I plumbed my overflow tank today. Went through the top of motor and did some refinishing.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was driving my truck around today, and had two people ask me what i had under the hood. It's little things like this that make me appreciate my truck more. I plumbed my overflow tank today. Went through the top of motor and did some refinishing.
Looking clean dude. U keep the a/c ? Everytime I drive my truck I get compliments too. When people tell me what I got, they look at me all dumbfounded like if I was gonna say a 350. But then I say " a 5.3" then silence, like if I dropped the mic [emoji3]

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No A/C. in iowa the hottest youll see is 100 degrees for about a week. after that its either perfect or freezing. This will have to be garaged in the winter as well because we get alot of snow here. Might throw a/c on eventually but right now i dont see a need to

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No A/C. in iowa the hottest youll see is 100 degrees for about a week. after that its either perfect or freezing. This will have to be garaged in the winter as well because we get alot of snow here. Might throw a/c on eventually but right now i dont see a need to
I had to adapt my R4 compressor cause it's hot as Hadees down here in Miami plus the humidity. You sweat bullets from when I walk outside my house to the truck! Having a black paint job doesn't help either as it attracts the sun. It's stays cold tho, that's for sure

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My MAF sensor will read only .21 pounds per minute and won't change at all, even when driving. The iat is reading right. I have replaced my maf and it still will only read .21 lbs/pm. Any ideas?