2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 4Dr OBS- Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyRacer28

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This is my first OBS truck that I have owned. In March of this year I was able to buy this truck off my of my own grandma with only 17,200 miles on it. Now 7 months later it has 20,900 miles. Documented with all of its service history and window sticker. Truck is fully loaded with lots of options and stock. The Tahoe has a Vortec 350 and 4L06e trans. Not a perfect truck as it has sat outside for most of its life in west Los Angeles. Clear is giving way on the roof and the right rear quarter panel as seen in the picture and various dings/dents from being in LA and off-roading in AZ. Went through pass-lock issues in September due to the pass-lock module board randomly frying out... Sent it to the dealer to only have them find the issue and not fix it. Even gave them a perfectly good rebuilt one off of eBay and they couldn't get it to relearn. Was able to replace the module and successfully relearned the key. Currently looking for ways to disable pass-lock as it seems its a common and fussy issue on later generation trucks. Other than that I currently don't have much plans with this truck as I am busy going to school trying to be an engineer. I do have future plans to maybe convert it to some aftermarket TBI systems as I am not a fan of the stock fuel system and intake manifold. More pics to come soon.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Personally, I'd leave it as is and not mess with the injection system. You'll be wrecking a damn near brand new truck. I would go with a 411 pcm swap before going to some form of TBI. Enjoy it with that many miles! But disable the passlock for sure.

DirtyRacer28

Reaction score
Definitely keeping the Tahoe stock for now as there is no reason to fix something that an't broke. Eventually the original spider injectors will go bad, then I would consider to go MPFI or TBI.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely keeping the Tahoe stock for now as there is no reason to fix something that an't broke. Eventually the original spider injectors will go bad, then I would consider to go MPFI or TBI.

Why in God's name would you ever even consider reverting to such an inferior injection system? Metal intake gaskets, MPFI spider, and it's perfect. No reinventing anything and no loss in performance. Let's see some interior shots, I bet that's where this rig shines.

DirtyRacer28

Reaction score
Why in God's name would you ever even consider reverting to such an inferior injection system? Metal intake gaskets, MPFI spider, and it's perfect. No reinventing anything and no loss in performance. Let's see some interior shots, I bet that's where this rig shines.

I guess it is a "dumb" idea to think of other options if/when the injectors go bad. At the same time I understand keeping it stock, as in the future ill probably be worth more to leave it alone and swap the spider injectors. Both stock TBi and Vortec SFI setups are infierior to older TPI, newer TBI and MPFI setups. But for the people who think it will ruin the truck, how come many people have done similar mods to their truck and enjoy it? I see the pros of easier access to injectors, better flowing intake, and easier to tune; versus the con of a project, price, and Cali emissions.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You could convert the truck to the Marine style intake, which is a true MPFI injection system; similar to the 454 in the way of running actual individual injectors instead of the poppet or spider style.

Clean as hell and low miles, I'm jealous!

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's beautiful. I would love to find the z71 front and rear bumpers, and fender flares for my yukon. The injection system isn't a bad thing in these trucks. The spider injectors go bad, sure. But every vehicle has their problems. That doesn't mean the injection system is bad though. Between the tbi 4dr yukon I gave to my dad, and the vortec 4dr yukon I have, is a huge power difference in my favor. And I still have to f*#k with my dad's tbi every once in awhile. Knock on wood, my vortec has never caused me problems with 200k on it