2000 Chevy K2500 rcd 6inch lift questions?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
so I’m gonna be buying a used rcd 6 inch suspension lift for my truck. I keep hearing that I need a carrier bearing drop bracket which I found one online for $30. But I also keep hearing that I don’t need it? Can I get some feedback from people who have actually installed this lift kit on this specific truck or one similar with a two piece driveshaft? Also, when looking at the drop bracket, it doesn’t look like it will even bolt on to the crossmember that’s in my truck right now. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! P.s my truck is a 2000 Chevy K2500 crew cab short box

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carrier drop bracket does no good on our trucks. The crossmember is riveted in and the center support is on top of the crossmember but the actual mount is welded to the crossmember. I had a CV driveshaft built for mine and its a lot better but what I think what I am going to do is grind the welds that the center support is bolted to and lower it to get the angle as close as I can and re-weld it.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the RCD 6" and Bilstein 5100's and it rides so nice. I bought mine used also. A guy was doing a SAS and sold me the lift for $500. I like the spindle lift because it doesn't drop all the steering components.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I did the RCD 6" and Bilstein 5100's and it rides so nice. I bought mine used also. A guy was doing a SAS and sold me the lift for $500. I like the spindle lift because it doesn't drop all the steering components.
Does this lift make the track width wider? Got any pics of the install? I also have a ccsb I want to lift. Was leaning towards the Superlift (which I've already bought) but like the sounds of not messing with the steering components. Thanks for any info.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it does increase track width and 1" on each side. No pics during install. Just the pics in my album page after it was done.