2 inch blocks with a crank and 33s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
You don't have to believe me, just google "are lift blocks bad" and thumb through the thousands of posts about lift block failures.

Ok but you can do that with just about anything...go to google and type "are guns bad?" and you'll get nothing but "guns are bad"; now type "are guns good?" and you'll get nothing but "guns are good".

Typically people only write extensive reviews or articles on something that they view as either very positive or very negative. Sure, maybe lift blocks are a bad idea when the axle is experiencing forces much greater than the average axle experiences (like when towing a large trailer or being a prerunner), but for the average daily driver 2" blocks won't be much of an issue.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, just look at some of the forum posts and pictures of what happened when a lift block fails. The point is the seem to fail a lot, and thanks to the internet we now can see the carnage.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
The only time I have ever witnessed bad lift blocks were when angles weren't correct, or when a moron puts them on the front end of a solid front axle.

GMT800, Ford, and Dodge trucks came factory with 2" blocks. If they were unsafe they would not come from the factory.

Sent from ®obland!

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only time I have ever witnessed bad lift blocks were when angles weren't correct, or when a moron puts them on the front end of a solid front axle.

GMT800, Ford, and Dodge trucks came factory with 2" blocks. If they were unsafe they would not come from the factory.

Sent from ®obland!

That is correct, they came with a solid cast iron block, which is dramatically different than these Cheapo cast aluminum blocks I've seen up to 6" thick.

Also those trucks with factory blocks have some serious traction issues. Wheel hop/axle wrap is the tendency for the axle to try and spin te opposite direction of the drivelines rotation. Ideally the axle is on top of the spring, virtually no axle wrap! The further away the axle is from under the spring, the worse the wheel hop gets.

Then when you factor in the added spring fatigue, especially when towing, it makes blocks seem like a pretty ty option. Get properly engineered lift springs or move the spring perches down for te desired lift would be superior.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, funny I never had wheel hop in years of daily driving my truck. And I do not grandpa drive it either, the 33s spin without hop and no weight in the bed just fine. Never had a issue off road in the mud either.

I get people reinventing the wheel all the time and wanting to one off damn near everything. But when millions of trucks and suv are on the road daily running blocks without issues from the factory, you cannot simply say they are bad or the worst thing in the world. At that point it's your opinion and only that.

Are there block failures, yes. Buy cheapo China cast aluminum to save a buck and your gonna win a stupid prize. No one debates that at all.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Ive also ran blocks for the entire 4 years ive owned my truck and never had the axle hop. Also i have my keys cranked to level with an inch and a half block, never popped a cv. Just normal wear parts but once you buy them once they have a lifetime warrenty so youll never pay for them again. I usually rebuild my front end before every winter, weather it needs it or not.

Last edited: