2 inch blocks with a crank and 33s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNZ71

Reaction score
2" block and crank to level

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Lift blocks are quite possibly the worst thing you could bolt onto your truck.

They're awesome if you enjoy axle wrap!! There is a reason legit prerunner go Spring Under, handles way better!

The hundreds of thousands of trucks on the road with blocks are fine with it and I'm sure he will be too.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lift blocks are quite possibly the worst thing you could bolt onto your truck.

They're awesome if you enjoy axle wrap!! There is a reason legit prerunner go Spring Under, handles way better!

The hundreds of thousands of trucks on the road with blocks are fine with it and I'm sure he will be too.

You can think what you like, I've seen how miserable they are first hand numerous times at Pismo Dunes.

Go do some research at Pirate4x4 about blocks, see what kinda answers you find. They get the job done as far as aesthetics. But off-road handling, especially at higher speeds will suffer.

All I'm saying is there's better options, blocks are the lazy mans answer to the problem.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
You can think what you like, I've seen how miserable they are first hand numerous times at Pismo Dunes.

Go do some research at Pirate4x4 about blocks, see what kinda answers you find. They get the job done as far as aesthetics. But off-road handling, especially at higher speeds will suffer.

All I'm saying is there's better options, blocks are the lazy mans answer to the problem.

I'm sure if he was building a prerunner he would look into other options but he said that it is a daily driver not some major off road vehicle. And pirate will bash anything that isn't completely custom and 1 off and even then they will because it isn't exactly how joe blow would have done it himself.

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about the bashing on pirate, however they build things that serve a function, not street queens with chrome lift blocks.

Even on the street the lift blocks will impact handling. They increase the likelihood of spring failure and the blocks themselves can come apart cause major accidents.

You don't have to believe me, just google "are lift blocks bad" and thumb through the thousands of posts about lift block failures.

If you do any off-roading, towing or hard driving you should explore orther options.

But if you must use blocks, please don't use the CHEAP cast aluminum blocks.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
But if you google are lift blocks good im sure their would be thousands of posts saying their great :shrug:

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it, you would just find the people who tolerate the axle wrap and wheel hop, and those people who haven't experienced a block failure.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree about the bashing on pirate, however they build things that serve a function, not street queens with chrome lift blocks.

Even on the street the lift blocks will impact handling. They increase the likelihood of spring failure and the blocks themselves can come apart cause major accidents.

You don't have to believe me, just google "are lift blocks bad" and thumb through the thousands of posts about lift block failures.

If you do any off-roading, towing or hard driving you should explore orther options.

But if you must use blocks, please don't use the CHEAP cast aluminum blocks.

Just saying but when you get on google and type "is such and such bad" you are going to get thousands of things saying just that. Weather its about lift blocks or tires or torsion keys... the list goes on and on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk