2/4 drop tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im doing a 2/4 drop on my 97 ecsb here next couple weeks and just want to get everything lined up hopefully for the last time!!! now i know im going with DJM drop and maybe 20's and i was thinking about running 255/50/20 front and 295/45/20 out back... would this be a good combo for the drop?

these are the wheels i picked, i know some might not like em but i think they will look goood!
here is a random pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Or should i go with some 18's

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got some Boss that are almost the same as those. I'm running 275 45 20 all the way around.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '97 has a 2/4 drop. I'll never do that again, but that's my preference. I've run the 20's off my '98 on it, & I just didn't like it. Looked donk. Although more sidewall, such as you're doing, would probably look better.
There are several GMT400's running around here with a 2/4 drop, & the best looking ones, IMHO, are running 17's or 18's. The best one that I've seen has 18" IROC's with the flat part between the spokes, & the inner part of the spokes painted black. It's a beaut! But those wheels aren't cheap!
I really like the wheels that you're looking at. They looked good 20 years ago, & will STILL look good in 20 years! Timeless!

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im in the same boat. I need tires but Im lookinh for 20x8 and 9

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some Boss that are almost the same as those. I'm running 275 45 20 all the way around.

Pics please just for reference.

My '97 has a 2/4 drop. I'll never do that again, but that's my preference. I've run the 20's off my '98 on it, & I just didn't like it. Looked donk. Although more sidewall, such as you're doing, would probably look better.
There are several GMT400's running around here with a 2/4 drop, & the best looking ones, IMHO, are running 17's or 18's. The best one that I've seen has 18" IROC's with the flat part between the spokes, & the inner part of the spokes painted black. It's a beaut! But those wheels aren't cheap!
I really like the wheels that you're looking at. They looked good 20 years ago, & will STILL look good in 20 years! Timeless!

I saw your truck on Mr wheel deals website , thought it looked good.... Actually used it to decide on going with the gray rims........ im beginning to hate chrome and i dont want black on a lowered truck....

Seriously thinking of doing 4/6 , i liked my last truck it rode like it was on rails!!!!
Also there is a guy close to me selling a new DJM flip kit and i think i might just pick it up maybe i can get it minus the C notch to keep it on the cheap side.........Dont want it or need it!

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
As the saying goes...Just go 4/6 :deal:

Anything lower than 4" in the rear, you will need a notch!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
i dont want black on a lowered truck....

Why is that? I think the right look can pull them off, but I'm obviously biased. lol. I'm not lowered, but it's 2wd and rides pretty low. I also went with 18's because I wanted more sidewall, like Al said.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just noticed your truck is blue, good call on the silver painted. They look great with that color. The chrome looks good on some, but is too flashy for most trucks IMO.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong , i do like the black but just not for this truck....That gray really gives me a chubbie :naughty:

I am also considering the 18's as the roads are crap here and i could go with some nice wide tires like an old school look!!!

Do you have anymore pics of your 18's and whats a good tire size if i go 18"

Last edited:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after researching for days i think i found a doable tire size.... 285/50/18 rear and 255/50/18 fronts now just waiting on pricing!!!

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running 255/55-17 all the way around. I like to be able to rotate tires to get full life out of em. Just me.