2/4 drop and hauling stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought a flip in the rear was an automatic 6" drop?

Get some air shocks in the rear if you are worried about loads.
If you lower the truck 6" the shocks are going to be at a crazy angle so they won't lift the truck much if at all. You would have to change the location where they are mounted on top or make some different brackets for the bottom. Changing the location on top would be much easier.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember when every one was running air shocks to jack up the rear in muscle cars. After the shocks when through the trunk floor we would weld a pipe across the frame to mount the shocks.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember when every one was running air shocks to jack up the rear in muscle cars. After the shocks when through the trunk floor we would weld a pipe across the frame to mount the shocks.
Been there, done that. I remember it well.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2/4 and I hit the stops when loaded. Just regular driving I don't.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used Monroe coil over shocks, over load shocks on my 65 Tempest. No sag in the rear end. Raised it just a little bit..Not enough to notice really. Those were low cars anyway... I had a El Camino SS that came with air shocks, form the factory, those made a difference if you tried to carry something... Air them up to 90 psi if I remember right...