1999 Tahoe rebirth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well gents, it's been a long time coming. She hasn't really moved much the last 2yrs due to a few issues. But I finally started to aquire some parts. I need to get some more pics to add but here she is as she sits. I installed the new Delco pump already before snapping pics, but I'll upload some installed with the trap door I cut. I also got a new Delco MPFI unit, Pacesetter shorties, hi-flow 2.5" cats, new trans filter, oil change stuff and a few other little things. It's already got a new radiator, fairly new cap, rotor, plugs, wires and MAF. I'm about to order some Felpro valve cover/header gaskets, Summit 8mm wires, new Delco water pump, Stant 195 superstar and Summit chrome valve cover wingnuts. More pics and updates as they come, got interior planned too.....
You must be registered for see images attach

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pacesetter shorties coated with Aluminum VHT flameproof. Hope it holds up, I did 3 coats of the VHT high temp primer then 4 coats of the Aluminum. Still need to cure them after install. Old swing frame out by the fire pit is a great paint station, lol.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. Any plans to scrap the running boards and mud flaps ?

I actually think I'm gonna keep em. I'm not gonna lift her even though she is a 4x4, it's 98% street driven and I have picked out some 20's I like that I'll wrap in 275/55/20's. Gonna be more a street build. I got my truck for a lifted build next, lol.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided since I was pulling the thermostat and pump I might as well clean up and coat this water neck..

All parts being painted are being done with Duplicolor adhesion promoter and Duplicolor engine enamels.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a little interior teaser. I have several plans that are not real extravagant but will be nice upgrades.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After alot of reading I decided to give the Thunderbolt catalytic converters a shot. People seem very happy with them and at $100 for a set, I saved a ton. They look very well made, time will tell.