1999 suburban 2500 4x4 vortec 350(big red)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

running

Reaction score
i have a 05 duramax crew cab 4x4. been sitting most of the time since getting big red. miss the drive train of the duramax. but i just love this old burb.

got a quote on repainting the hood and roof. clear coat is going to hell. so going to do that in a few months.

considering a lift. but not sure its worth it. may just see how much tire i can fit stock. and consider it good enough. its got the 410 gears so i dont think a bigger tire will hurt a thing. plus i dont tow much at all with it. a two thousand pound jet boat now and then. not heavy.

considering a supercharger. centrifugal. those ones made in phoenix. hear nothing but good from people whom actually have one. popular on the 4.3's. 350's not so much. but the little i have heard is good. i dont know?

not sure much else to do. the 3/4 tons got the goods already it seems.

running

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

my daily driver. company work truck. she gets about 7 to 7.5 loaded. thats typically 75 to 80k. she pushes 10mpg empty. thats about 34k.

my burb gets about 14mpg. my duramax gets about 17mpg. you would think the dmax should at least triple the mileage of the freightliner. she is also 13' 6" tall. thats a ton of air to move out of her way. its amazimg how efficient these big rigs are imo. cummims and detroits. this one's got a detroit 13 litre. but i driven a 15 litre cummims that got at least the same mileage.