1998 K1500 Edelbrock intake swap questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of additional parts youre gonna need for that intake. Fuel rails, injectors, throttle body, sensors... Stuff adds up fast. I was at the same cross roads myself recently. While I hate - HATE the cosmetics of the vortec 2pc manifold and had a hard time getting beyond the thought of all that crap laying inside the intake, I elected to keep it. Using a Taylor spacer, doing a lil light porting on the bottom intake, doing some work with the TB and MAF and along with a 36 lb injector set up to support my cam selection.

Not an expert by any means and I am sure others will chime in but bang for buck I decided to work with what I had. Could not face laying out that much cash for cosmetic reasons.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot the distributor in your list. The LT1/LT4 has a totally different setup, I'm not sure you could retro fit in that big ass Vortec distributor.