1998 k1500 “Dixie”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dixietruck

Reaction score
Just a log of everything I have done to the truck.
This is the first day I got her. Bone stock. Got her from a state trooper that had only put 92,000 miles on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dixietruck

Reaction score
I started off pulling the bug guard off and installing a Dixie horn.. hense the name Dixie.

Last edited:

Dixietruck

Reaction score
First real mod I found a set a 33in Baja claws on 15x10 bullet holes. I had read on line you had to lift to fit 10 wides, i didn’t believe them. So after 2 days of not being able to turn past half way the body lift came in and after a couple hours battling in the garage she was on. Also the truck has a solid rust free Alabama frame/ body, but spending 20 years in the Alabama sun was not great for the paint. Neither was the hole punched in back right fender from my dad jackknifing an angle iron utility trailer. Well deciding I wanted to get it painted. I decided a new bed was cheaper than the body work. So I hunted down a step side bed cause I always loved the way the step sides looked. I got on a car hauler and hauled it the 3 hour drive home. I got my bed off and as I put the step side bed on the bottom of the left fender just cracked off... back the to the fleetside paying for body work and eating the $75 I couldn’t get out of the step side bed. Live and learn ig.

Last edited:

Dixietruck

Reaction score
I was happy enough with the 33’s until I found a steal on some 35in Haidas on 18x9 motometals. Went and bought them with no idea how I would make them fit. I went with the dreaded 3in rcx kit. I don’t do any real off-roading besides the occasional mud hole and didn’t plan on cranking it too far. So it took me and a couple buddies a total of way too many cold winter hours on it. I only cranked it two inches and have been running it for the past almost two months and don’t have a single complaint. Wasn’t too hard to realign or anything. Now she sits on about 5in of lift and 35’s. It’ll have to do until I can afford a DD and go with either a 6in rcx kit or sas.

Dixietruck

Reaction score
Just a few pics of her right now. Also if your wanting to windshield mount a 52in curved light bar I highly recommend the apoc industries brackets. Not too hard to install and keep it nice and close to the windshield

EDIT: the camber seen in the last pic was before it was aligned