1998 CCLB Zeus Lives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First of all I want to mention 95% of what you see done to this truck was not done by me. If this is familiar well you probably came across the threads by PolarBear. I bought this truck the 1st day of November to use it as a work truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

So far I have done a tune up, swapped the front grille insert for a debadged billet grille insert, painted the tow mirrors to match body color, swapped rear bench for a Tahoe rear seat, and ordered a 411 PCM. The truck will be getting a heavy duty bumper and some steps for short people in the future.

Reaction score
Heres one of the interior upgrades I've done. I found the rear seat in a 1996 Tahoe at a pick n pull with the intention to put it in the interior of a 1993 crew cab dually that I ended up selling. I had seen a thread in the past that where somebody had swapped a Tahoe seat in the rear of a crewcab. It was no way a direct fit. There was much guesstimating in this process. I did measure the front brackets of the Tahoe seat in line with the rear brackets of the split bench seat upfront. The rear part of the Tahoe seat fram that slopes up does sit about an inch higher than the floor of the cab. I plan on using some 1" square tubing as a spacer to bolt it down better in the future. After everything was measured and seated I marked and drilled all new holes, ran 2-2 1/2 " 3/8 bolts, and tightened everything down.

The seat is great if you need to drop bigger things in the cab that you don't want jacked from the bed of the truck. Rear storage is far better off compared to the original bench seat. I drive with the seat all the way back and can still fold up the rear seat without having to move the drivers seat up unlike the suburban I used to have. There is deffinetly more room in the back for passengers than the previous bench seat allowed. As an added bonus you get a slick fold down armrest with cup and tissue holders.

Reaction score
Today I finally got sick of not having a lumbar support. Reoccurring back injuries can be mildly remedied with this simple luxury. The motor was humming along but there was no expanse on the back rest of the seat. I assumed that the bag was punctured or the air tube was broken. I unclipped the fabric and moved up the cover of the seat to discover the bag and tube was intact and working. It had never been tied inbetween the internal bars in the seat. A little twine did the trick and my back can ride happy again

I also found a 60/40 split bench seat cover at O Reilly's for 40$. Fits fine and keeps the seats in good condition. I don't much care for the cover but it does it's job. Any other place with 60/40 covers I liked wanted 200$ at the least.