1997 GMC Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theo9969

Reaction score
New member here. Recently bought a 1997 Gmc Sierra and thought www.gmt400.com was a great help in making this truck what I have always wanted. The advice and examples of of other peoples trucks really helped, figure I would at least put mine out there for others. thanks

1997-GMC Sierra SLT

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusted Out on 3 of the fenders

Mods/Upgrade
Headlights: Replace hazy originals with cheap ebay factory style. They were really cheap, but took alot of screwing with to get them to fit and adjusted correctly. Side marker lights didnt fit the GMC, but other people said they would fit Chevy's
Fender Flares: Really wanted original fenders, but repairing and painting old fenders would have cost too much. These were just over $100 on amazon, they are the paintable style (didnt think it was worth the cost to have them painted). I was supprised they fit so well, and installed really easy.
Tires: Replace a set of 245/65R16's with General Grabber AT2 LT265/75R16.
Wheels: Replaced factory wheels with 16"x8" Ultra 164 with -6mm offset.
Other: Tinted the windows, Spraypainted rearview mirrors and some of the underbody with rustoleum textured paint. Replaced tailgate handle and hinges. Took apart and oiled 3rd door to get it working again.
Future plans: Install hitch (for whatever reason the old one was removed). Maybe a black truckbox. Leveling kit.

Theo9969

Reaction score
More Pics

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Its a sharp looking truck, but I don't think I could live with myself by covering the rust lol. I'd keep an eye out for fenders the same color as your truck which would be a lot cheaper than repainting.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. Do you have a u-pull it place near by? That's where I get a lot of my parts for my truck. Just have to be fast because they are picked clean in about 8hrs.