1997 C2500 without spare tire or provisions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digdug18

Reaction score
I've got a 1997 C2500 long bed regular cab 5.7 w/ lsd, and apparently it didn't come with a spare tire, or the provisions for a spare. Nothing mounted underneath the truck frame. Have you guys seen this before?

If you could suggest how to mount a spare? I'd prefer to not have it in the bed, as I use the full bed for carrying cargo.

Wasn't sure where to place this thread, if the mods want to move it to a more appropriate area

99K1500

Reaction score
My new k3500 doesn't have a spare tire mount or any holes where the hanger and such would go either, I thought I was the only one, I would assume you could just go to your nearest junk yard and pull the hanger and other parts then drill the holes and bolt it up but I may be wrong

digdug18

Reaction score
I dunno, thus is why I asked, I'm not sure if there was a reason for the OEM not to include one. Like the stock tire size being too big to fit underneath or something. Though I would think that the added weight of a spare tire would be an added plus to help the rear from bouncing around as much when unloaded.

99K1500

Reaction score
After looking under my half ton and comparing it to my 1 ton it looks like the hanger assembly and such should bolt directly up and work