1996 SCSB LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here we go again!
I did a swap on my 99 2 dr tahoe and wanted to do a single cab.
This will serve as a daily driver so nothing radical with it. Just a reliable truck with good MPG. I drive 80ish miles a day round trip to work so my new truck has been accumulating miles faster than i would like.
Here is the build i did on my Tahoe, it has been sold.
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/my-ls-swap-in-2-dr-2-wd-tahoe.28889/

Will be updating progress as I go!!
Here we go!!

Picking her up!
View media item 31149
Quick wash, had been sitting for about a month
View media item 31150
First thing was to add a 2" drop shackle
View media item 31151View media item 31153
Added my FB groups decal!
View media item 31152
Busted up V6
View media item 31154
Tore out the interior, Dont know if im happy with the way the carpet still has stains after i washed it so i may just end up getting a new one. Bench was tore and stained to ****, so im looking at buying another bench or re-doing this one. But got a quote yester for $750 using fake leather. Ouch!!
View media item 31155View media item 31156View media item 31157

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Following. I'm interested to hear how much easier the swap was this being your second time around.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its actually my 3rd swap. First was a carbed 6.0 into a 1990 SCSB 5 speed

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I'm in the process of my LQ4 402 ci. Process is slow since the cash flow goes before I get it.:banghead: Engine and computer/harness is in my shop. just haven't started tear down. I plan on building the bottom strong since the weak points are, in most occurrence, 1. rod bolts. I plan on using ARP2000, 2. connecting rods bend, set of H beams will do the trick, 3. holes in the piston, Maule -3cc pistons will solve this. All of this will come with the new 4" crank. Yep tossing the 3.6" crank.:flamingdevil: