1996 k3500 lift feedback wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
No change in my shocks from stock. @88GMCtruck has Ranchos on his truck but I can't remember if they're different from stock length.

Keys = scrap metal, IMHO. They amount of adjustment in the stock keys is more than enough to tear stuff up. Ball joints, CVs, TREs...everything gets pushed outside their limits with keys. I just had my truck aligned and with the little bit I have mine cranked the camber adjustment is at the limit to meet spec.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
That is correct, I'm running Rancho RS9000 shocks in stock length. The chance of me lifting a tire offroad is slim based on what I do with the truck and maxing a shock out that direction isn't detrimental anyway.

I wouldn't bother with keys either.

kent

Reaction score
No change in my shocks from stock. @88GMCtruck has Ranchos on his truck but I can't remember if they're different from stock length.

Keys = scrap metal, IMHO. They amount of adjustment in the stock keys is more than enough to tear stuff up. Ball joints, CVs, TREs...everything gets pushed outside their limits with keys. I just had my truck aligned and with the little bit I have mine cranked the camber adjustment is at the limit to meet spec.
Great stuff thanks for the info!

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my torsion bars cranked some to run 285/75R16 and a 1" block in the rear before I did my lift. We also did the same on a buddy's 99 crew cab dually. And I also agree torsion keys are a waste of money. My stock keys would probably max out the suspension. Either way the more preload you put on a torsion bar the harder the ride.