1996 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Thanks man, it's been almost a week now and am about 90% better. Still sleeping with the neck brace on though.

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope he's doing well.

I'm so thankful of the way things turned out. If I fell a little bit more on the top of my head I'm willing to bet I would've ended up with a broken neck. Also, I was in full gear (minus a neck brace because I didn't have one). I definitely learned my lesson that day. I never thought I needed a neck brace for trail riding, but I am 100% wrong. Once I got home I ordered a Leatt GPX 4.5 Neck Brace (recommend by my friend who does motocross)
You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the bike lucked out as well, no mechanical damage just some new scratches and the bark busters got shoved down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice I got the Leatt 4.5 neck brace was $600 at the time I see they came down in price now that the 5.5 one is out. I broke my leg in June dirtbikeing now I'm thinking of some knee braces.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Nice I got the Leatt 4.5 neck brace was $600 at the time I see they came down in price now that the 5.5 one is out. I broke my leg in June dirtbikeing now I'm thinking of some knee braces.

Ouch! How's your knee doing?

Yeah, I got lucky with this sale... I got mine for $191 ($179+ $12 California sales tax..) out the door so all in all I'm happy with that purchase.

I'd definitely recommend shin and knee armor, elbow and forearm armor, and a chest protector if you don't already have them. I can't tell you how many times those have saved me from broken bones or bad cuts. I use the Fox Titan Pro Elbow Armor, Fox Titan Sport Knee Pads, and the Fox R3 Roost Protector and they work great.

Curt

Reaction score
Forgot to post the before and after pictures of the marker light replacement...
Before

After

Curt

Reaction score
Also I dropped off the suburban at the transmission shop to have a Corvette Servo installed. Once I get it back I'll give an update on it.

Curt

Reaction score
Update time! I am in love. The Corvette servo was everything I expected it to be and more. The shifts feel great and they have the perfect amount of punch to them. Also, the truck holds the gears longer which is exactly what I wanted. I was also talking to the guy who installed it and he said that this servo is what the 4L60e needs if you want it to last. He's rebuilt plenty of 60e's and they would always have issues, until he installed the Corvette servos in them. If anyone in the Bay Area wants to do the Corvette Servo on the 4L60e transmission, talk to Alan at Kwik Shift Transmission. He'll know what to do.

Last edited:

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Looks good I just did the same to my 94 but now think I'm going to put all clear / chrome lights in the front end . To add to the Leatt neck protector my insurance company is reambursing me for some of my damaged Motocross equipment so I ordered a Fox Raptor chest protector to replace my old hard plastic Fox chest protector.

Curt

Reaction score
Looks good I just did the same to my 94 but now think I'm going to put all clear / chrome lights in the front end . To add to the Leatt neck protector my insurance company is reambursing me for some of my damaged Motocross equipment so I ordered a Fox Raptor chest protector to replace my old hard plastic Fox chest protector.

Thanks! I'll bet you're truck would look killer with some clear/chrome lights! The Fox Raptor chest protector looks sweet.

Curt

Reaction score
Passenger rear window got stuck at halfway while it was rolling up... Luckily I was able to hit the door and roll it all the way back up haha. Time to rip the door apart and diagnose the issue. I knew this was bound to happen. The passenger rear door doesn't want to open either (you have to hold the handle open then shoulder the door from the inside to open the door) so my guess is the door rod is slowly coming out of position.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I don't know why I never saw this thread earlier and just finished reading through it. The suburban looks great and I'm glad to see another young guy have interest in these things and you are making yours proper. It's an addiction, ever since I purchased my 98 k1500 when I was 16 my truck habit has been terrible since then!