1996 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My suburban had the classic sagging sun visor problem that many GMT400s have, so I found a brand new OE pair of sun visors w/o the map bands on eBay, which were made by the company which made the visors way back when this truck was new!

You must be registered for see images attach

Before
You must be registered for see images

After

Do you have the contact info for the company you got the sun visors from ? Thanks

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Do you have the contact info for the company you got the sun visors from ? Thanks
Sure thing, https://www.ebay.com/itm/331786493154

EDIT: Oh wait, those are out of stock. I don't know if they still make them... I can try and find the listing once I have access to a computer, the power is out right now, no clue when it'll be back up. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt

Reaction score
After hours of searching it looks like the person stopped selling it and I have no clue how to get in touch with the company, aside from the eBay seller I purchased them from. I did manage to find a really clean pair of used sun visors on eBay if you were in the market: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1998-C...ash=item41c7de32e9:g:9l0AAOSwT5xZQr~5&vxp=mtr

Such a good looking burb, wheels and tires fit it perfect.
Thank you! Also, I see that's your first post, welcome to the forum!

Curt

Reaction score
Back in 2012 when we replaced the OEM headlights with some aftermarket Eagle Eyes headlights, the headlights became even more useless at night. It was so bad that you couldn't even see the beam on a non-lighted road (yes the headlights were aimed correctly). So, I wanted to replace them with an OEM set. Luckily a set of brand new OEM headlights popped up on CL and I snagged em for a great deal. So, in they went...
Before

Replacing

^ Aftermarket

^ OEM

After

Now the yellowing of the aftermarket marker lights are exaggerated... looks like marker lights are now on the to-do list.

I also did the 9005/9006 to 9011/9012 swap and I can see where I'm going now! (Here's the link to the thread: http://www.gmt400.com/threads/hir-headlight-bulbs-loose-those-hids.21492/ )(Thank you @sewlow!)​

Curt

Reaction score
As I was replacing the headlights I tried to find the mysterious leak when it rained. I took off the cowl and while it was off, along with the wiper arms, I painted them.

Much better.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks ive got an 06 Z71 so ive been on GM Full Size for a while but I just bought my 98 back a couple months ago and finally decided to join here.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure thing, https://www.ebay.com/itm/331786493154

EDIT: Oh wait, those are out of stock. I don't know if they still make them... I can try and find the listing once I have access to a computer, the power is out right now, no clue when it'll be back up. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I sent them an email to see if they have some for my truck. Thanks again.